Procedures to Obtain Household Registration

Hello Everyone
My name is Ben Wu (吳宜謙). I’m starting this thread because I want some idea as to what to expect if I want to establish household registration. I was born in the United States (New York) in 1989 to a Taiwanese father from Pingtung and a mother born in Hong Kong. My parents are naturalized US citizens, with my father also holding ROC nationality with household registration and my mother also holding Hong Kong PRC citizenship as well as British National (Overseas) status. I currently hold a US passport, ROC passport, British passport, and Hong Kong ID card. I do not currently have a Hong Kong SAR PRC passport. As I am an overseas national, I do not have an ID number in my ROC passport. Also if I obtain household registration, will I become draft eligible? This was one of the concerns my parents had in obtaining household registration for me before I was age 21. If someone can help me untangle my situation, that’ll be great. Thanks.

Also I would like to add, I’m interested in obtaining household registration because I’m planning on leaving the United States permanently and dividing my time between Taiwan and Hong Kong. This is more than just language issue, as I speak Mandarin and Cantonese fluently. I graduated from UPenn about a year ago and after reflecting on economic, personal, and cultural issues, I ultimately concluded that by heart I am not too compatible with America. I feel that the time has come for me to move on and start a new life in Asia.