Professional junk/trash removal?

Hello, I know there is a service available where you can leave bulky trash on the curb and they will pick it up. However, my family member has passed and there is a lot of bulky furniture/plants/general junk that I wouldn’t be available to move to the curb on my own. This is also in the sixth floor with no elevator. Anyone who knows of a service that throws trash from homes? From what I’ve seen, most cleaning services clean homes that are already empty, but don’t remove the furniture and whatnot. This is in the New Taipei City/Taipei area. Thanks

Since a lot of people a getting rid of old thing around Chinese New Year there are extra free services to pick up bulk stuff.
Check the mail for your community trash pick up schedule for CNY. Our mentions when/how to order free curbside pick up.

Thanks, do they also include services to help move the items down the stairs?

No

Yeah my problem is I need a service to help remove the items from the home to the curb/dumpster.

If it is just furniture, smash it up into smaller pieces.

If some stuff is still good, you could post it in some Facebook groups.

Don’t offer it for free! Just ask for small price, otherwise you will attract the worst of the crowd who will not come in the end or expect you to deliver. aka. /r/ChoosingBeggars

1 Like

Not just furniture, lotsa junk. Stuff that I don’t think people would want to buy either.

Any tech? Computer stuff?

Not much tech stuff, a very old tv with a messed up screen.

Ah, no worries. Thanks. Always looking to take old computers/parts off people.

Call around to your nearest second hand furniture/appliance shop, they may be will to do a deal taking what they want and leaving the rest curbside.

Magazines? Books? Memorabilia?

Oh and your location. If in Xindian, I can recommend a couple of second hand stores for appraisal.

If push comes to shove, I guess a moving company could just take the stuff and put it where the local collection agency tells you to put it. Usually, this agency’s number is on the building’s door if you live in a gongwu. Or you can ask the lizhang. They will tell you when and where to put the stuff. Usually a we’ll known corner. They come with their truck or a garbage truck and voila, it’s all gone.

1 Like

Hi I’m in a similar situation now. I have some shelves I need disassembled as well as a ton of old junk in my basement that I want removed. I’m on Wanda Road, near the Huazhong Bridge in Wanhua District. What is the “lizhang”? I assume that’s a government thing?

Lizhang (里長) is the neighborhood chief, which is an official position elected by the residents. You can ask them to give you the phone number of the sanitation team you need to contact, and perhaps they can give you some recommendations on the moving companies that also do junk disposal in your area.

Do you need someone to disassemble your shelves for you? I don’t know if moving companies will disassemble stuff for you. Most likely you will need to hire someone else to do it in advance (Doesn’t hurt to ask the moving companies though). Otherwise, there are homeless and low-income people in Bangka Park looking for temp jobs in the morning… If you can move the junk yourself or with help, you can schedule a free pick up with your district’s sanitation team, and they will tell you when and where to put the junk out. You can find their phone number at the page linked below, or use the Hello Taipei web form.

https://www.dep.gov.taipei/News_Content.aspx?n=ACEFA960B5A4ACD7&s=402ACF2A9AD6B8EB

1 Like

ive wondered where exactly do they take used furniture? recycling plants

I didn’t mean that you ask the temp worker to dump your furniture for you. I only mean that you can ask them to help disassemble and maybe move the junk to the designated location at the specified time by the government. If you hire a moving company to dump your stuff, they will take it to a commercial recycling/dumping location, and will charge you accordingly.

1 Like

Actually moving companies will take it and sell it. There is a store like this nearby.

Thanks for all the information.

For those wondering, in the end I just threw all the junk on the street outside my place, and posted a message on the Wanhua Facebook group asking for someone to come and take it, and paid them to do it. There were likely cheaper options but I was really pressed for time, since I was moving, and didn’t want to deal with it.