Promethazine cough syrup

Can it be found here? I am tired of cough syrup that doesn’t work.

most cough medicines don’t work very well anyway. try codeine as a cough suppressant. or take an antihistamine pill, like claratyne.

Try eating half a bar of very very very dark chocolate, like the 80% stuff.

Or go to the doc and tell them you’re already taking cough meds and they’re not working at all. Tell them (between coughing yourself to within inches of death and turning blue in the face) that each time this happens, the only stuff that works is the green cough syrup with codeine. Some docs will then prescribe some of that for you and some won’t.

heroin was actually originally marketed as a cough elixir for children.

the opiates all suppress smooth muscle contractility and thus give you constipation (like loperamide, an anti diarrhea agent), cough suppression (guaphenesin), smaller pupils (a street name for being under the effects of heroin is being ‘pinned’, referring to the tiny pupils) and many other effects besides pain relief.

codeine is actually not very good at pain relief but it is among the more widely prescribed minor pain control agents as it has a had time getting into the brain due to its structure, and is thus less susceptible to induce or support addiction.

be aware though that a cough is sometimes there for a reason. suppressing cough is NOT what you want to do with a chest infection, for example, as that can quickly lead to pneumonia. if it is a dry cough from an irritated throat that is itself annoying and irritating to the throat, and can therefore lead to pharyngitis and laryngitis, then it is worth controlling. antihistamines can help here, as can opiate cough medicines and throat lozenges like Strepsils, particularly those with an antibiotic and an anaesthetic.

if the cough is a side effect from blood pressure medication like older ACE inhibitors (captopril, enalapril, etc), then change meds under medical supervision, perhaps to try a more selective ACE inhibitor like losartan.

cough is a significant symptom of many diseases, not always with the same cause, and should not simply be suppressed willy-nilly without due consideration of the cause.

Brandy, honey and lemon juice all mixed together and taken in liberal doses seems to ease a cough too, and even if it doesn’t work, you won’t care anymore.

Promethazine was given to me for my belly when I was on chemo. I didn’t know it helped with coughs. All I know is it can knock my ass out for a day.

If you can find Effendel, it’s the stuff you’re looking for. It’s over the counter in Hong Kong, not sure if they even have it in Taiwan, but it’s great stuff. Codeine Phosphate, Promethazine and the best part Ephedrine. Get your uppers and your downers in a single swig. You’ll soon forget you even had a cough.

As for opiates sold as drugs. You can still to this day buy mild Opiate + liquorice elixirs at 7-11 in Thailand. I noticed the guy who was fixing my computer drinking a bottle of what looked like medicine. I asked him what it was and he told me it was “Coo Coo Drink”. I found it a short time later at 7-11 and ingredients list opium.

[quote=“j0rd”]If you can find Effendel, it’s the stuff you’re looking for. It’s over the counter in Hong Kong, not sure if they even have it in Taiwan, but it’s great stuff. Codeine Phosphate, Promethazine and the best part Ephedrine. Get your uppers and your downers in a single swig. You’ll soon forget you even had a cough.

As for opiates sold as drugs. You can still to this day buy mild Opiate + liquorice elixirs at 7-11 in Thailand. I noticed the guy who was fixing my computer drinking a bottle of what looked like medicine. I asked him what it was and he told me it was “Coo Coo Drink”. I found it a short time later at 7-11 and ingredients list opium.[/quote]

That is impressive. caugh