Proper Use of Your Online Signature

I don’t like it when posters use their signature on every single post. There is an option when you post to include your signature so I’m hoping that enough regulars will agree and only post their signatures once per page.

If you post in a thread and re-post within the same page, I think it’s better if you do not attach your signature again and again. I find it annoying. You will read my signature at the end of this post but unless I forget, I will not attach my signature again unless this thread makes it to page “2.” Then I may attach my signature one more time but only once on page “2” and so on. Sometimes I edit my posts just to remove my sig.

Some signatures annoy the hell out of me and some I find interesting, however I do not need to see it in every one of your posts and I’m sure you are familiar with mine too after only one post in any given thread.

What do you think? Do I make sense? I thought of posting this in feedback but since it’s feedback addressed to posters and not to Forumosa, I’m posting it here.

bobepine

You know what I think? I think you’re perfectly entitled to your opinion, but I also think you’re shit out of luck on this one. If “being annoying” were enough to demand something not happen, I’d not be posting. Unfortunately for you, you’re going to have to do one of two things: harden up, or learn to ignore the sigs.

[quote=“bobepine”]I don’t like it when posters use their signature on every single post. There is an option when you post to include your signature so I’m hoping that enough regulars will agree and only post their signatures once per page.

If you post in a thread and re-post within the same page, I think it’s better if you do not attach your signature again and again. I find it annoying. You will read my signature at the end of this post but unless I forget, I will not attach my signature again unless this thread makes it to page “2.” Then I may attach my signature one more time but only once on page “2” and so on. Sometimes I edit my posts just to remove my sig.

Some signatures annoy the hell out of me and some I find interesting, however I do not need to see it in every one of your posts and I’m sure you are familiar with mine too after only one post in any given thread.

What do you think? Do I make sense? I thought of posting this in feedback but since it’s feedback addressed to posters and not to Forumosa, I’m posting it here.

bobepine[/quote]Signatures don’t bother me, but you know what does? People who end their posts with their user name. Yes, we know it’s you. Your name is at the top on the left, above your avatar. Why do we need to see it again? Honestly! :fume:

:stuck_out_tongue: :laughing:

If the signature bothers you…

don’t…

read…

it.

I hate to agree, but I think you’re right. I am definitely sol on that one. :raspberry: I just don’t see the point in repeating the same thing over and over.

I did not realise that some people find it annoying and redundant to see my user name at the end of each post. Makes sense though, I think that posters know this post is from me so no need for that. :stuck_out_tongue:

You only annoy me when you lack respect and civility for other users even if a lot of times you’re spot on with your message. It’s more how it’s said than what is being said that sometimes annoy me. But you know that by now. :wink:

[quote=“bobepine”] I just don’t see the point in repeating the same thing over and over.

[/quote]

You repeat your avatar everytime you post, plus your personal info under the avatar, yet I don’t see you complain about that.

[quote=“bobepine”]I hate to agree, but I think you’re right. I am definitely sol on that one. :raspberry: I just don’t see the point in repeating the same thing over and over.[/quote]My signature changes randomly, so there :nyah:

Yeah, random adverts. How lucky we are.

Yeah, random adverts. How lucky we are.[/quote]You are, they help pay for Forumosa.

Big Fluffy wrote [quote]You are, they help pay for Forumosa.[/quote]
:blush: Sorry. I didn’t realize that those signature ads were paid spots.

[quote=“mod lang”][quote=“bobepine”] I just don’t see the point in repeating the same thing over and over.

[/quote]

You repeat your avatar everytime you post, plus your personal info under the avatar, yet I don’t see you complain about that.[/quote]True, but it’s not like I have the option to attach it or not to each post. You didn’t think about that did you?

Hey, it’s just my opinion and I’m sticking to it. Waste of bandwith. I’m going to post my sig only once per page and I’m not going to duplicate my user name anymore. You should thank me. :wink:

And BFM, your sig is not the kind that bothers me. The ones I get annoyed with are the quotes type signatures. I think “annoyed” is not the right word and I could have chosen my words better. It’s like if you take a nice picture and put it in a photo album. That picture may be really cool but if you take 15 pictures of the same thing and put them all in your photo album, then it devalues the picture and it’s not so interesting to look at anymore after only a few of them, nevermind 15 times.

Some of the quotes type signatures can be interesting but not after seeing them many times within one page. Not a big deal really, just a light-hearted suggestion.

[quote]The ones I get annoyed with are the quotes type signatures. I think “annoyed” is not the right word and I could have chosen my words better. It’s like if you take a nice picture and put it in a photo album. That picture may be really cool but if you take 15 pictures of the same thing and put them all in your photo album, then it devalues the picture and it’s not so interesting to look at anymore after only a few of them, nevermind 15 times.

Some of the quotes type signatures can be interesting but not after seeing them many times within one page. Not a big deal really, just a light-hearted suggestion.[/quote]

I think most people change their signatures quite often. Others like myself must really annoy you, what with the color, and the fact that I change it only about every three months. And Il always use quote-type signatures.

That said, I think most posters will read a user’s sig once, and then skip over it. Why would one have to even think about reading someone’s sig 15 times? Usually by the time one has scrolled down enuff to view a sig., the next post catches one’s eye, and one skims over the sig. Especially if it’s been seen before.

Personally, I think we should all follow jdsmith’s lead, and insert humorous quips translated into Arabic into our sigs. Or Cyrillic. Or better yet, long dead languages such as Old Norse, Manx and Prakrit.
Then no-one would have to read them at all. :wink:

[quote]That said, I think most posters will read a user’s sig once, and then skip over it.[/quote] If posters are going to skip reading your signature after reading it once, why waste bandwith and repost it with every single post? No? See now you don’t even have to skip my sig because I made a point not to attach it.

:blush: Sorry. I didn’t realize that those signature ads were paid spots.[/quote]
They’re not - they’re completely free. Anyone can put a banner in their signature as long as it conforms to the proper dimensions.

:blush: Sorry. I didn’t realize that those signature ads were paid spots.[/quote]
They’re not - they’re completely free. Anyone can put a banner in their signature as long as it conforms to the proper dimensions.[/quote]They’re a shrunken down version of my paid ads. I wouldn’t want to cover the place with ads if I wasn’t giving something in return. Stuff I sell through my sig does eventually help forumosa.

My goodness, bobepine, I wish I had so much free time I could look for things to complain about…oh wait, I do. I just put it to other uses.

[quote=“Dr_Zoidberg”]My goodness, bobepine, I wish I had so much free time I could look for things to complain about…oh wait, I do. I just put it to other uses.[/quote] :raspberry: I said it was a light-hearted suggestion more than a complaint. :raspberry: :raspberry: :raspberry: