Prophet-leader of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Dies

You have never done business with Mormons as a woman if you think they consistently engender “Christ-like behavior”.

Do you have a personal experience, or did you hear something on the internet?

I think it’s just general knowledge.

No, I have personally had plural (no pun intended, but it was more than one) experiences with different Mormon-owned and run businesses who engaged in very shady practices. Plus, of course, there are the experiences related to me by other women in the same situation confirming the practices of one of those businesses.

I’ve also worked on an informal basis with a Mormon who subcontracted work to me in Taipei and had absolutely no issues with him. FWIW. Interestingly, in my experience, the less money they have, the more honest they were.

OK, thanks for sharing your experiences.

I’m a Mormon, and I’m aware that many in my community are prone to pyramid schemes, to the extent that Church leadership had to issue a statement of warning. Multilevel marketing is big among tight-knit communities.

Sadly, this was not MLM (actually, I forgot about the earlier MLM experience…LOL), just garden-variety bad business. It doesn’t mean everyone in that religion engages in them. But in terms of the dealing-with-a-woman thing, I’ve spoken to males who have done business with the folks I’m thinking of, and there were no similar issues. Who knows what the real reasons are. We can’t see into other people’s minds or motivations so best not to assume, I guess.

Sorry to hear about your experience. This kinda bothered me, so I just went on a pre-dominantly LDS message board and asked about their experiences doing business with women. Vast majority said they had positive experiences/same as with men/why am I even asking this question in this day and age. I did get a few sexist responses:

Truthfully? I do well. But I do make an effort to flatter them. Women feel marginalized in the
business world. So anytime I get a potential client that is a woman, a close the deal pretty easy simply by talking up her business and pointing out her strengths. This doesn’t work as well on men, but it’s a slam dunk on women almost every time.

Positive except for female real estate agents. Bad experience with 3 out of 4
I’ve ever had to deal with

> No fundamental difference. The only complaint I had was women tend To celebrate everything. Every holiday, every birthday, and decorating the office. Wanting to do potlucks etc. In other words, very social while at work. I've worked in an exclusively male office the past few years and its just work. The only celebration is the Christmas party, and I like it much better.

Saying black people are cursed from Cain is just ignorant. It’s the Mark of Cain, and the Curse of Ham.

The same has been claimed about people in general. :2cents:

1 Like

The Mormons I’ve met have always been nice , respectful people. That doesn’t mean they all are but the ones I’ve met have been very polite, respectful and kind.

1 Like