Proposals for Taiwanese flag

I actually saved the design with red peak in the file name…

Republic of Taiwan Flag 2025

1 Like

I’ve often thought that a good Taiwan SAR flag would be the Yellow Tiger flag, but with the tiger arched the other way, protecting her cub.

Old but true design concepts, and yet another video criticizing American state flags.

The video introduces a pretty great tool.

Online flag waver, pretty simple to use. You can also use any gif screen capture tool, such as peek on linux, to make a gif out of it.

4 Likes

Taiwan%20Flag

Simple, meaningful (海洋的國家), 3 basic colors, no lettering, distinct-ish

2 Likes

Inspired by this:

I feel like it’s got to have something to symbolize something. Like an animal. What animal represents the Taiwanese spirit? Lol

土狗
Formosan bear
Formosan Sika deer
night market squid on a stick

2 Likes

Hansioux, I really like your first flag. Great overall balance, looks very professional. I wonder if the red element wouldn’t look more national flag-like as a horizontal stripe across the bottom. (Vertical wouldn’t really fit the description in the Constitution.) The sun design is quite nice. Did you say where it was from? It reminds me a bit of the astrolabe on Portugal’s flag.

The flag second is un-Constitutional, because it lacks a “red earth below” element, and the quarter-sphere is an interesting idea but doesn’t really work visually.

Boacebelo, your flag reminds me a bit of Mongolia’s (vertical tricolor with pattern ABA, and all dark colors, ignoring the white borders). It makes me think there should be a symbol on it of some kind. Perhaps a white lily (for democracy) in the middle? On the other hand, there is virtue in simplicity. Armenians have been debating whether to add a white cross to their horizontal tricolor.

Hello Kitty, of course.

This

The canton design is inspired by the Pangcah (Amis) 8-tip star. I added a diamond head ring around the star.

A 8-tip star wall decor in the Edulan village.

As for the horizontal red strip, I rendered a version after the first time you mentioned it.

I’ve thinking about the tail feather of a Taiwan blue magpie.

For example, a two black stripes with white mata stringed from top to bottom.

5 Likes

Gad, I must be getting forgetful in my old age. Looks like we’ve had this conversation before!

[quote=“hansioux, post:344, topic:78828”]
[/quote]

That’s my favourite. Good Job!

Does anyone know where I can buy the Blue and White Sun and Moon flag of the former PROVISIONAL government of the Republic of Taiwan.

You mean this one?

1 Like

Yes. Is there a source for me to buy a small version of this historic flag.

In my humble opinion this flag says much about the Taiwanese Nation. The Sun-Moon Lake symbol is your Island Republic in microcosm.

Richard Alfaro

Just to mess with China :joy::joy:

2 Likes

From what I can tell, most custom T-shirt printing places can also print small flags for people.

https://gainhow.tw/ProductCategory/PriceCalculator2

That website seems to let people print just 1 for 50 NTD.

Needs space fetus!