Proposals for Taiwanese flag

Taiwan’s version of that flag should look like…

did I just made everyone happy? omg.

2 Likes

Now, that is some cool shit, except for the emblems at the bottom.

Just the cross of burgundy, prince’s flag, the Japanese flag and the KMT emblem then?

1 Like

That shit rocks!
But we can leave the KMT out of it.
It is the sun god, man!
Maybe the original tiger or something in the middle, to take that pain away.

1 Like

four-way symmetry

thanks for that suggestion. i quite like the new design. it’s based on Amis wave design. kind of miss my wild lily thing, but this looks better…

1 Like

I like it best with something white in the middle

here it is without the KMT emblem

here it is with the ROF tiger

here it is with the Tao matta

here it is with my wave

I like it best with the wave, maybe I have make the end of the waves round, instead of a straight line to give it a more circular feel…

2 Likes

The Cross of Burgandy?! I thought it was barbed wire.

What, no love for Sun Yat-sen’s five-striped flag, or the Wuhan one with an 18-pointed star? (Because it’s not garish enough as it is.)

Hansioux, I think the flag on the end won–there were photos of it at protests in at least one of the English dailies. It’s the one that looks like the Japanese war flag, except with a Taiwan map instead of the rising sun, and with the sun’s rays all different colors. I thought it was awful, whether judged by the standards of vexillology or aesthetics.

I think this sums up Taiwan currently.

1 Like

Taiwan was under Japanese rule when those flags were in use in China.

Lately there’s some one pushing really hard for another flag which used the exact same backdrop as the Japan’s rising sun war flag with the map of Taiwan in the foreground. He insists since it was used by the Japanese navy, and only the Japanese army was responsible for Japanese war atrocities, it was a great design…

Wave design with round edge and made to loop like a rhombus matta.

Wave design with just the rounded edge.

After rounding it out, I discovered it looked a lot like the koru design of the Air New Zealand logo… But my original inspiration came from Amis tribal weaving patterns… Regardless, it’s a Austronesian motif…

Putting these two new designs into the hodgepodge flag

by the way, I uploaded these designs to my deviantart thingy. I opened an account years ago and never uploaded one thing…

hansioux.deviantart.com/gallery/

3D version of my wave rhombus flag

1 Like

more 3D flags:

resized the the wave mata thing in the middle

even more flags…

1 Like

This design idea is the best among other proposals of yours.

I’ve started a google plus group for Taiwan flag design enthusiasts to share and comment on each other’s design.

plus.google.com/u/0/communities … 6796567434

That was the plan anyway, so far there are 3 other members, and one is apparently an Arabic speaker.

In any case, I also try to document and post as many previous flags as I can. Including flags of the colonials and fore-runners of Taiwan independence and advocates of Taiwan’s status based on international law.

The group’s categories and posts so far are in Mandarin, and the only poster has been myself, unfortunately.

Archived:

Can you put together a flag with the following elements?:

• Stinky tofu
  • scooters
  • betle nut
  • very short shorts

Just know that while I’m not actively responding, I am a faithful reader to this thread. I just don’t really have any suggestions to contribute.

plus.google.com/communities/106 … 6796567434

Flag no. 10 (blue, with white aboriginal diagonal) is an excellent design, except for one thing: the Yami canoe symbol should be eliminated, in favor of just the lily in the corner. That way it’s not too busy, and avoids having to add an extra color.

you are right, it does look less cluttered. Thanks.

1 Like

Well, other than the very short shorts, I think this flag accurately represents that demographic :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Scottish flag inspired colors

1 Like