Proposals for Taiwanese flag

It will not make China happy, but this will make obvious the fact that 3 countries in this part of the world are constitutionally liberal democracy.

If you ask me if I feel good about this flag, and whether I see myself identifying with this, my answer is a definitive YES.

Looks like a target.

Yes. That’s the idea. They are concentric.

If it looks like a target, China would be very happy. They just might use it for target practice.

That’s not how adults’ mind work.

China will not like this flag either. Why? It just works.

lh5.googleusercontent.com/-OQuc … wflagT.png

By three liberal constitutionally liberal democracies,do you mean Japan,South Korea,and Taiwan?

Anyway I like these simplistic designs.

Thanks.

I mean Taiwan, Japan and Korea. The Philippines too.

this looks exactly like the royal airforce roundel

1 Like

That’s another reason why it works. There are many good design principles, but the number of solutions is finite, not infinite.

The proportions of the width of the rings matter. Equal-width would not be proper for a national flag. (but picture 2 somehow bypasses this problem by having the brightest in the middle)

I think a big circle in the middle is a good design principle.Tricolor and Nordic Cross are some of my favorites as well,but it’d be kinda out of place for Taiwan.

Another great design that I can think of is Canada’s flag,but the centric emblem is a problem.

This kind of emblem is of European heritage. Even the leaf was already a part of the previous version of the Canadian red ensign.

The concentric circles in the classic white, blue and red colours is so easy to understand and so symbolic that it just works! There is NO chance of sending any wrong message.

No chance of mistaken identity. No chance of sending the wrong message.

A serious, no-nonsense design.

I like the four-hearted flag but I don’t like the colours… how about a slight remix?

1 Like

Can’t do it. The ¾ red flags of roc symbolizes blood, which has its origin in using killings and massacre to establish a new dynasty in China. The euphemism is 滿地紅,but the real meaning is 血祭. (blood tribute, or human sacrifice(pardon my English). ) See the movie “Apocalypto”.

It is at odd with what Taiwan aspires to become.

I figured as much. Can’t say I know too much about the symbolism (and skimming Wikipedia didn’t really help much).

Well, something with hearts would be nice. I happen to think that it’s a very appropriate symbol… and you already see them all over Taiwan anyway. It is noticeably different from any other place I’ve been (even in Asia). Plus it’s an appeal to everyone’s better nature.

So… maybe hearts without blood :ponder:

How about this? It’s got this “beautiful green island full of pure white hearts surrounded by blue ocean” thing going on.

2 Likes

Nice.

except that the blue/green is cliche. Blue/Green is not taiwan is all about for the coming hundreds and thousands of years.

Basically,it’s Island’s sunrise.
I know,unoriginal copy cat,lol.