Proposals for Taiwanese flag

Did you just invert the flag of Japan? :eh:

Nice, but might strike some as extremely European - specifically, Scandinavian.

Looks rather Arizonan or Southwestern US.

I like this design a lot as well. It seems like the only way green can work in a flag, take as little space as possible with a lot of white…

Exactly.Talk about pissing China off :roflmao:

Well, the KMT flag was inspired by Japan. It was funded by Japan and formed in Japan, by both Chinese members and Japanese members.

the flag of England is also a simple cross.

For Taiwan, this cross flag will motivate the society to be good and just.

I think a simple cross would be good,but wouldn’t it be weird for a country with next to zero Christian background?

Why do you say Taiwan has zero Christian background? Do you know why Korea receives preferential treatment? (or have you ever wondered why and how)

Anyways It’s the ideas and the spirits that matter.

Not only that, the centred cross can represent justice and balance. It can represent the goal of democratic process, of achieving a consensus. The straight lines represent rule of law. The Cartesian x-y-z represents Taiwan’s inherent role and responsibility as the fulcrum and stabilizer of the Pacific. A cross is a cross and needs not take on a Christian interpretation only.

The two orthogonal lines point beyond the horizon in 4 directions, representing our visions and ambitions beyond the confine of the island.
The green colour reminds the people forever the geography, that this is an evergreen island and that the Formosan people owes its life and everything to this island’s fertility. Sole allegiance to this island ONLY, and not to a for-profit, nomadic banner-organization and not a fake animal such as the dragon.

Orthogonal lines crossing each other also represents independence, and even represents that each individual is independent and individual right is also of paramount.

If you rotate it in whatever way (whatever perspective), the integrity of the Evergreen Formosa Flag is not distorted or diminished. This represents STRENGTH.

That’s why I said next to zero because there are churches,but frankly…the influence is just very little,compare to Korea where the largest religion is Christianity.

Yeah I get your point here,and it’s a good point,however I actually can’t think of any other country out there where the dominant religion isn’t Christianity or has no such historical and cultural background while has a big cross in its flag.It doesn’t have to be about the church,but I think it might look a liiiittle bit out of place.

It’s a good design anyway.Anything is better than that KMT-centric piece of shit or the even shittier five-star-commie rubbish.

If you change the proportion of the boundaries to 1:1, the Evergreen Formosa Flag still holds.
If you draw the cross twice as thick, the flag still holds.

Also reminds me a bit of the Captain America Shield

Shield of Captain Formosa…

modified Scotland blue inspired flags

Captain Formosa? :smiley: What on earth would he do, deliver biandangs?

I imagine he’d slap people silly with his blue flip flops and spit deadly bettle nut juice in their faces.

1 Like

work that into a flag :bravo: :bravo:

Flag of Quebec is very Christian and French inspired. I actually took inspiration from that before and had this flag…

The elements such as the lily or the wave could easily be incorporated into in a coat of arm, or a seal, which can be placed in the centre or the upper left of the Formosa Green Cross flag.

But what if I tell you the concentric flag has meanings? Such as the following: