Proposals for Taiwanese flag

The rationale of an allusion to a compromise between Taiwan and China is unfit for the purpose of national flag and symbol.

It’s not a compromise between Taiwan and China. It’s a compromise among the people of Taiwan who have different political ideologies and differences in the way the identify themselves ethnically and culturally. You seem to be under the impression that everyone in Taiwan would like to go the “green” flag route. I know many, many Taiwanese people who would rather have their eyes gouged out than look at a “green” Taiwan flag.

a compromise between Taiwan and China would be a mix of green and red, which would look like shit, or yellow if you are doing additive mixing.

I was going to upvote this…but it now seems like that system is completely gone from this forum.

But what abstract ideas that the colour Blue symbolizes, or at least to the people who assign and use this colour, is something of China isn’t it?

If what blue represents isn’t China, then what ideas, philosophy and concepts does the colour blue represent?

It represents one of the two major political parties in Taiwan…Just like green does. Roughly half of the island supports one, the other half supports the other.

I think this would be a great start for the tentative State of Amis.
(I’m not the designer)

If you go to page 3 of this topic, you’d see that the designer’s done a great job.

in that case, could you reference the author and source? it’s an interesting design.

yes I’ll ask the poster of this design to confirm if the poster is the designer himself.

On the blue-green flag above: I have no problem with the colors (NB: I am partially color-blind, but this shouldn’t matter in this case), but what’s that boomerang-looking thing? There are actually a few flags, or proposed flags, around that have this–I know I saw some.

On the black flag above: God, no. It looks like an ugly Christmas sweater.

On the five-color ROC flag: The five stripes stand for the five races of China, living in stratified harmony. Plus it looks too much like the Buddhist flag, or the gay pride flag.

If you’re going to bring back a historical Chinese flag, I’d go with the Qing-era yellow flag with a blue dragon. Or if that’s a bit too imperial, maybe change it to a yellow dragon on a red background.

This statement would be considered a great insult to the Amis people, because it is 100% their ethnic design. See page 3 of of this topic. You’ll see a pouch with this element.

This topic is “proposal for Taiwanese flag,” not Chinese flag.

With all respect to the Amis people, what works on a pouch doesn’t necessarily work on a flag.

On the 5-Color and Qing flags: Sorry, I lost track for a minute. Sofun, you’re nofun.

When I look at that color, I’m reminded of the color of Kending beaches on a clear sky day. It’s the color of the translucent ocean, at the same time it’s the color of the forests and land. It combines the notion of the island with the ocean oriented outlook.

From a design perspective, it gets us out of that green/blue design loop. You can say it’s green or blue, greenish blue or blueish green. I like that aspect of it.

Sure that’s fine. But that is not the original design intent of the designer, is it? The designer (if according to previous explanation) has already framed it in a way that the genesis of a Taiwanese National Flag is dependent on a rivalry between at least two political parties of the roc, one of which committed war crime.

If a design already works on clothing items and accessories, then it will definitely work as a flag.

You are putting words into his mouth. This is what he said on the Google+ Taiwanese flag design community:

plus.google.com/u/0/+KentYang61 … cCvJo2obx5

Kent Yang
舊作

#1 臺灣黑熊為臺灣特有熊種,予人正面且溫暖的意象
#2 藍綠色及白色象徵社會拋下對立與歧見,和獨立旗相呼應

The original designer chose it because to him it meant settling aside differences and work together for an independence Taiwan. I am pretty sure he didn’t go with a black background to complete the bear symbolism because the color also symbolizes the ocean and the island.

By the way, most meanings to flags are made up after the design anyways.

Okay but what differences? The difference between “of China” and “of Taiwan?” Think it through please.

You don’t want this idea to be relevant in the next 200 years. You’re going to regret it.

Everyone, I think we can all agree on one point: Sofun’s opinion is the only one that matters.

https://evanflags.neocities.org/htm/search_shape#06
https://evanflags.neocities.org/htm/search_shape#13

All flags with triangles in them. Don’t see one that’s similar.

flags of de facto states
evanflags.esy.es/de-facto.htm

flags of territories
evanflags.esy.es/search/terr … cean.htm#p

So far, that really simplistic design seems unique.