Proposed New Immigration Measures (January 2023 edition)

Thank you so much tando and your ability very helpful and take care always

3 Likes

https://www.immigration.gov.tw/5475/5478/141457/142068/334511/
Expanded Overstayers Voluntary Departure Program

they encourage overstayers show up before the penalties are increased.

the NIA provides a toll-free hotline 0800-024-881 (ByeBye) with multilingual services to the public and overstayers to inquire about the program.

6 Likes
3 Likes

Are any new news about this immigration act in the floor of LY?

Did you read the proposed laws? The scum who bring them to Taiwan will also face more severe penalties.

it was sent to Internal Affair Committee on Feb. 17.

3 Likes

Tando what does it means they have proceed to debate on the floor for the next schedules?or didnt pass then for review again?

yes. as for the legislative procedure you may check here.
https://www.ly.gov.tw/EngPages/Detail.aspx?nodeid=335&pid=43232

2 Likes

Tando is this bill is statutory and budgetary bill?coz i hope this will go only for 2nd reading not to 3rd reading

Home Affairs; Foreign Affairs and National Defense; Economic Affairs; Finance; Education and Culture; Transportation; Judiciary, Organic Laws and Statutes; Sanitation, Environment, and Labor Affairs.
tando may i ask which commitees here is under internal affairs commitee?

Internal Administration Committee

they will discuss on this draft tomorrow.

3 Likes

Tando what happened to the floor on march 8 and today march 9 coz the deliberation finish around 1pm+ or they have another schedule for deliberation?

Legislative Court Reviews Immigration Law, Protects Divorced Migrants Victims of Domestic Violence, There is a consensus between ruling and opposition legislators

In addition, in order to strengthen border security management and deter immigrants from engaging in illegal activities, the Executive Yuan has also added penalties and criminal responsibilities. However, due to time constraints, the Internal Affairs Committee did not discuss the relevant provisions today, and will review them at another period.

Taiwan Association for Human Rights
[Statement] Amendments to the immigration law should enhance the protection of human rights, not aggravate discrimination!

2 Likes

this addition to Article 24 might be relevant to some people.

If a foreigner applies for residence or changes the reason for residence, the Immigration Agency may not grant permission under any of the following circumstances; if the permission has been granted, the permission may be revoked or revoked, and the alien residence permit may be cancelled:

8. There are sufficient facts to believe that he does not live with the dependent object without justifiable reasons, or the statements and evidence concerning the authenticity of the marriage are inconsistent.

第二十四條 外國人申請居留或變更居留原因,有下列情形之一者,移民署得不予許可;已許可者,得撤銷或廢止其許可,並註銷其外僑居留證:

八、有事實足認其無正當理由未與依親對象共同居住,或有關婚姻真實性之說詞、證據不符。

3 Likes

Tando When is the next schedule for another dicussion and deliberation?
tando in this act what is the advantages for NWOHR as far as you know?

1 Like

Misread the question

i maybe wrote some of them separately in some threads, but what i remember are

7 years to get TARC are shortened to 5 years.
nwohr passport holders from some countries can be exempted from entry exit permit.
some ease to get tarc or hukou in some situations
parents hukou don’t need to be active
they are exempted from a work permit for some professional works, and the years are counted to get a hukou
nwohr with tarc based on work can apply for hukou with the minimum stay of 1 year instead of 3 years
working in home country or taiwan for 2 years after they graduate from schools in taiwan, they can apply for tarc.
short absent is allowed during the one year waiting period to apply for hukou.

4 Likes

If these changes go through, then good! Taiwan needs people to come and contribute. Hopefully this makes things less awful for folks in the NWOHR category.

Guy

4 Likes

Besides what tando listed, I also remember reading that they are getting rid of the one-year wait period for NWOHR who have Taiwanese parents/family.

It never made sense to me why I had to wait one year. If I was born to Taiwanese parents then I’m Taiwanese. Period. It shouldn’t matter whether I register for hukou as an infant or as an adult.

1 Like

Sure the whole nwohr thing is ridiculous.
As far as I can understand its a kind of program designed for Chinese refugees after WWII. Seriously. I had a NWOHR myself so I understand how ridiculous the whole process is. Sadly they force people like me to give up pur native citizenship. A bridge too far.

Taiwan does need to encourage the next generations to come back instead of putting stupid obstacles there.

4 Likes