Prosecutor not acting upon pressing charges with video/audio recordings

Hello, at the end of last year we had an incident in my wife´s shop in which a customer called out for a meeting advising that she would be bringing her boss. After suspecting of such an strange meeting I made sure that the video recording was working (today upgraded to video/audio) and I recorded the audio with a cell phone. In this meeting the boss said that her employee (my wife´s customer) had stolen 5 million NT from him and that he wanted a refund for the money spent by his employee in our shop because it was stolen money from him. He threat us with “bringing more people and make things ugly” for us if we would not comply with his demands. I asked him to leave several times and he refused. He finally left after one hour in which he made my wife cry. The next day they set a new meeting and this time we said that only my wife´s customer could come and she accepted. She came back with another girl (her coworker) who said that her boss was in the mafia, was a violent man and that we better give him what he wanted. I recorded everything as I had done the day before. While in the shop these two girls unlocked the door for her boss (twice as I locked after their 1st attempt) and this enter with another guy despise me prohibiting their entrance. The girls´boss started to scream, to act erratically and to try to search for my cell phone. The police finally came in after my wife called and they took this stupid guy. After this we delivered the recordings to the police but they kept for a month driving us knots telling us to bring on paper what it was said on the recordings, then translations to Chinese, the all recordings, then an explanation… Finally 4 months later we got a call from the prosecutor´s office who did not seem very professional: when my wife spoke and she asked me a question the prosecutor did not allow her to ask me as the prosecutor said that I will be interviewed later and when I am the one talking the prosecutor said that better copy and paste what my wife has said earlier. I refused and she sent me home telling me to write a letter explaining my version. I did so and sent it to the Court but we never heard about anything any more. Now I am wondering what happened with all of this in the Courts as when we call to the Court they say that they are still deciding if to prosecute or not (11 months after pressing charges). I feel that with all of the proves that we presented (video and audio recordings) we deserve some justice for the drama that this retarded made to my wife´s live, but here I am writing for some advise here or at least not to let die this issue…

1 Like