Prosecutors and judges in Taiwan (is it possible to contact them?)

Well, if it’s a legit business, get a lawyer and an accountant and let them handle it.

You won’t be speaking to a prosecutor or a judge unless you are either a defendant or plaintiff… it’s that simple. I can tell you how civil servants might think but that’s nothing to go on. The only real way to talk to any of them is to write a letter, and that’s only in reference to some case. You don’t write to them asking for legal advice, they will direct you to a lawyer.

judges and district attorneys are civil servants and are forbidden to meet clients to discuss potential cases. Taiwan’s legal system doesn’t use a jury system. The judge alone makes the decision based on one’s personal opinions and prior judgement from similar circumstances. You can go to a legal library and research cases with similar to your circumstances. Every case is different so result may vary depending on the facts, ability of individual lawyers, and other circumstances.

1 Like

Nothing presonal, man, but…
I’m sure this has nothing at all to do with all your questions elsewhere about the legalities of gambling.

If you can’t get a straight answer anywhere about the legalities of your proposed enterprise, there’s probably a pretty good reason.

You may find that you’ve neglected to legit ask (or at least find an answer for) Critical Question #2 on Starting a Business.
Specifically, Why Hasn’t Anyone Else Done It?

And no, “Because I’m smarter than any of them” isn’t usually the right answer.

Just saying.

We are working on every aspect of this new venture and can’t be careless.

because we are in Taiwan and people will just replicate anything successful which has been made.
Very very few risk takers.
There are literally hundreds of different business which do not exist here just because what i have stated above.

we are confident that as soon as we can launch, we will have competition whiting months.
We will have a first wave of people suing for x, y reasons and that’s why we are trying our best to be ‘bullet proof’.
as soon as the first wave passes, then we will have people trying to do the same thing.
This is evident for us.
The good thing will be to have that lead of X amounts of months to place ourselves in the market.
But as we all know, copycats will appear all over the place and start competing NOT on different ideas but ONLY on pricing … and we are fine with it. This is how it works here.
We’ll be the one to innovate and let them play the catch up game.
Look at all the cafe shops where no one is trying to add value to their business by being innovative— and only competing in lowering the price or charging extra because of a wood chair or specific varieties of coffee bean that they all have.
No nice selections of pastries, food, ambiance or whatever is needed to be different.
I took the example of coffee shops but can be hairdressers, restaurant or any stall in the night market etc…
Don’t get me wrong, some are very successful with various concepts but i am talking about the majority.

Never pretend of being smarter but i always take time to study anything and everything in depth.
Iam using every single hours out of my business for meeting, studies, questioning and all aspect of being clean, clear and transparent ( that’s what i call ‘bullet proof’)
I have always been a risk taker but i am not a Kamikaze.
Trust me our clauses and terms & conditions have already hundred of articles to prevent any misconception or misinterpretation and this is the part done with lawyers.

Correction: In Taiwan if a criminal case goes the standard route of indictment and stuff, then a panel of 3 judges make the determination on sentencing and guilt.

In a summary judgment only one judge makes determination, and it’s made in absence (means you will not get a summon), but the punishment they can impose is rather limited. Basically only probation, fines, community service, or commutable sentences. I think it’s similar in Canada where minor offense is called “summary offense” where sentencing is less formal, and indictable offense which is more severe (felony class) where formal indictment and hearing is used to determine punishment. Not sure if trial by jury is a thing in Canada.

1 Like

Yes, Canadian courts are similar to American ones.

If we want to get technical about it, you can have your case (in Taiwan) heard by various numbers of judges depending on which instance (appeal) it is and so on, but the principle is the same: the judge(s) decide(s).

Prosecutors in Taiwan are on the whole not to be trusted.

You’ll get it right…hope you can successfully achieve your goals.

1 Like