Protecting privacy with ARC

Hello, I have recently been informed that somebody (not me) may log on to the government web site to see if my ARC has been cancelled or if I am still in the country. I want to know if there is a way to change my ARC number so that this person cannot stalk me. This person is dangerous to me and is trying to get me into trouble. Any advice you have would be appreciated.

Are you sure there is such a website with public access? Do you mean the FAP computer system? If he has access to that then nothing you do will work.

If you believe you are in danger, you can contact the police. You can also call the Foreign Affairs Police to ask them whether changing your ARC number is possible.

When I lived in Taiwan, I changed my ARC number often. That always kept the agents at least three steps behind me. Any time I thought they were closing in on me, I just took out my pen and changed a 9 to an 8 or a 1 to a 9. Problem solved. I also slept under aluminum foil bed linens to keep the scanners from homing in on me.

[color=darkblue]Moderator’s note:[/color] [color=darkred]The management does not condone this type of activity.[/color]