Protein Shakes?

Hey!. I am looking for a store to buy Protein powder and/or protein bars here in Hsinchu. Ordering online is just too expensive!
Thanks guys,

Sean

GNC
gnc.com.tw/en/store/39

Costco
costco.com.tw/hsinchu_zh/hsinchu.action

In my experience, GNC is pricey and they don’t have a lot of variety (it was either caramel-flavoured or strawberry-flavoured shakes when I went there).

I haven’t tried Costco’s, but a friend told me they have more brand variety.

Cheers Lads. I’ll give Costco a go first and let you know how I get on…watch this space!

Sean

its basically the best price youll find
but still overpriced maybe 30% compared to eu/usa

do yourself a favor and find a farmer who sells bulk eggwhites
10000% better than protein powder

Costco has a decent brand and it’s a very good price so if you really want the protein powder that’s what you want. I wish the world could remove GNC from it’s volcabulary, what a horribly over-rated rip off joint.

FYI, Costco also sells Greek Yogurt. The new Kirkland isn’t as good as the old Fage they use to sell, but it’s still amazing. 130 calories per cup with 23 grams of protein. That’s a little more protein and a little less calories then protein powder gives you, and you get to eat real food. They also sell frozen strawberries and blueberries. I dice them up in huge quantities, add some lemon juice, and dump several spoon fulls of that in a cup of Greek Yogurt. Low calorie, high protein, great nutrients, and it tastes AWESOME !

No need for suppliments :2cents:

Proteins always shake unless they’re at a few Kelvins.

I passed by a GNC store yesterday (there’s one very near my home) and they have more variety than they used to when I last went there. They also have promotions “buy one, get one free”, which in fact, if you’re planning to buy two of them, it’ll be better price than Costco.

Ah, but the subcutaneous lipids jiggling atop always draw my eye!

its basically the best price youll find
but still overpriced maybe 30% compared to eu/usa

do yourself a favor and find a farmer who sells bulk eggwhites
10000% better than protein powder[/quote]

The problem with egg whites is you can’t have it with you on-the-go. Unless you like eating cold egg whites…

I second Costco, I’m using Cytosport for them. It beats the EAS brand that they also carry in terms of WPI%.

I believe Costco is still cheaper even after the BOGO deal at GNC. My Costco hear around Taipei sells Cytosport and EAS at around 2000NT, GNC’s per unit price is around 4500NT last time I checked.

There’s a New Cheaper Combat protein powder at Costco. See my post in this thread;

forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopi … 4&start=30

pcstore and yahoo bid are cheaper.

Funk egg whites, real men eat the whole egg. Fat and cholesterol are not the enemy, so why throw away half the protein and all the taste.

I knew a Taiwanese guy who got really buff off of protein shakes with yogurt. I was impressed since he’s Asian though I also sort of hated him because he wanted the PRC to take over Taiwan and I found that kind of offensive.

As for egg whites, they contain something that interferes with biotin absorption but this is counteracted by high amounts of biotin in the yolk. My question is how to properly disinfect an egg before blending it in.

I think raw eggs are pretty safe. Been eating them for almost 20 years and never got sick once. Just think of all the people eating them in hot pot sauce, and no one gets sick.

I get mine at Formosa Fitness.

Protein has never given me the shakes.

I’ve had the shakes from drinking too much the week before, but never from eating too many steaks.

By the way, protein powder manufacturers have been straight up lying about their protein content in their powder. It is called amino spiking and it’s everywhere, most brands that you buy and trust from have actually deceived you and lied straight up about their actual protein content. Protein content is tested in labs using their nitrogen content. Manufacturers use cheap aminoacids like glutamine, creatine, glycine, taurine0 among others to spike their overall protein content because this aminoacids are also nitrogen based and are very cheap compared to milk based protein.

So when you thought you where getting 24 grams of high quality protein powder from your shake, well you are actually getting way less than that.

I suggest you not buy that combat powder from costco, it is extremely spiked. A quick review on their ingredient list shows the following:

Combat Powder Proprietary Time Release System
Micro Filtered Whey Protein Blend (Whey Protein Concentrate, Whey Protein Isolate, Whey Protein Hydrolysate), Micellar Casein, Egg White Albumen,[color=#FF0000] L-Glutamine, [color=#FF0000]L-Leucine[/color], [color=#FF0000]L-Valine[/color],[color=#FF0000] L-Isoleucine[/color]; Also Provides [color=#FF0000]Alanine[/color], [color=#FF0000]Lysine,[/color] [color=#FF0000]Arginine[/color], [color=#FF0000]Glycine[/color][/color], [color=#FF0000]Histidine[/color], [color=#FF0000]Tyrosine[/color], [color=#FF0000]Cystine[/color], [color=#FF0000]Methionine[/color], [color=#FF0000]Phenylalanine[/color], [color=#FF0000]Proline[/color],[color=#FF0000] Serine[/color], Aspartic Acid, Threonine, Tryptophan♦

And this is just one brand, I would even go and say that 70% of the protein powders are amino spiked. Several lawsuits have been filled against many companies.

The only brands that you can buy and have the actual claimed protein content are Optimun nutrition, Controlled labs, Dymatize. I may have left others legit brands but these are the ones I would go for.

Dont get scammed, buy higher quality protein powders.Or you could just eat actual food, greek yogurt, lean beaf( 93/7), eggs( with the yolks, this is the most nutritious part btw), chicken, fish, beans and rice(combo for full aminoacid profile) and the list goes one.

Here’s a link for a more throurugh explanation. blog.priceplow.com/protein-scam … id-spiking

[quote=“quesawea”]By the way, protein powder manufacturers have been straight up lying about their protein content in their powder. It is called amino spiking and it’s everywhere, most brands that you buy and trust from have actually deceived you and lied straight up about their actual protein content. Protein content is tested in labs using their nitrogen content. Manufacturers use cheap aminoacids like glutamine, creatine, glycine, taurine0 among others to spike their overall protein content because this aminoacids are also nitrogen based and are very cheap compared to milk based protein.

So when you thought you where getting 24 grams of high quality protein powder from your shake, well you are actually getting way less than that.

I suggest you not buy that combat powder from costco, it is extremely spiked. A quick review on their ingredient list shows the following:

Combat Powder Proprietary Time Release System
Micro Filtered Whey Protein Blend (Whey Protein Concentrate, Whey Protein Isolate, Whey Protein Hydrolysate), Micellar Casein, Egg White Albumen,[color=#FF0000] L-Glutamine, [color=#FF0000]L-Leucine[/color], [color=#FF0000]L-Valine[/color],[color=#FF0000] L-Isoleucine[/color]; Also Provides [color=#FF0000]Alanine[/color], [color=#FF0000]Lysine,[/color] [color=#FF0000]Arginine[/color], [color=#FF0000]Glycine[/color][/color], [color=#FF0000]Histidine[/color], [color=#FF0000]Tyrosine[/color], [color=#FF0000]Cystine[/color], [color=#FF0000]Methionine[/color], [color=#FF0000]Phenylalanine[/color], [color=#FF0000]Proline[/color],[color=#FF0000] Serine[/color], Aspartic Acid, Threonine, Tryptophan♦

And this is just one brand, I would even go and say that 70% of the protein powders are amino spiked. Several lawsuits have been filled against many companies.

The only brands that you can buy and have the actual claimed protein content are Optimun nutrition, Controlled labs, Dymatize. I may have left others legit brands but these are the ones I would go for.

Dont get scammed, buy higher quality protein powders.Or you could just eat actual food, greek yogurt, lean beaf( 93/7), eggs( with the yolks, this is the most nutritious part btw), chicken, fish, beans and rice(combo for full aminoacid profile) and the list goes one.

Here’s a link for a more throurugh explanation. blog.priceplow.com/protein-scam … id-spiking[/quote]

Yes, that is all correct. A lot of brands are doing this because most people just want cheap garbage protein and simply don’t care what’s in it. Price is the first and only thing they look at. The market for higher quality protein is smaller for that reason so fewer companies want to go for it. For the reasons you mentioned above, our gym started importing protein directly from New Zealand. We have the chemical analysis on file and it’s as close to pure protein as you can get. Because it isn’t spiked, it costs more meaning some people won’t consider it, but that’s fine too. The taste is also less sweet than American brands but that’s also good thing.

My point is that some (a very few) supplement companies saw this coming and are trying to do something different. Hopefully they will be rewarded for their efforts.

Stop wasting your money on protein powders. Listen to Rich Piana: