Psychedelic drugs could increase neural plasticity

It may be an anesthetic, but it has powerful psychotropic properties.

3 Likes

It always seemed like kind of a degenerate drug to meā€¦looks like I may need to revise my opinion.

4 Likes

Iā€™m sure you have plenty of time these days.

3 Likes

:rofl:We are so close to getting temp threaded that it is unreal!

I wish! Pretty busy actually.

2 Likes

Yeah time can just fly by :grin:

1 Like

Seems fine as long as the discussion is constructive. I wonder if the neurogenesis is related to the drugā€™s dissociative effects. :thinking:

1 Like

How ? Can you elaborate ?

Maybe taking a portion of your mind/brain offline aids in the building of new neurons?

1 Like

Like a rest phase?

Something like that. The analogy I was thinking of is shutting a production line down for retooling.

1 Like

Itā€™s such a short time though. I wonder if the shock somehow affects things. Maybe the mind realizes it still has some work to do to get a complete grip on things :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Can someone do a poll of drugs what weā€™ve taken? Anemone of course.

Quite sure I saw one recently

1 Like

We need a new one. Who says pot anymore daddy-o?

2 Likes

Again, brain machines?

and yes, many of these drugs were experimented with back in the 1955-1975 period, before the ā€˜war on drugsā€™ changed things, but the experiments done now are different because of how much more we know, and how far neuroscience methods and tools have developed.

Iā€™m not sure those are the brain machines youā€™re talking about, though.

1 Like

Hard to have a logical conversation when people keep talking about ā€œxyz drugsā€. in that narrative, the conversation wouldnā€™t be taken seriously. When one compares the vast array of mind altering substances and grouping them together into a common term most often given a negative light or a sarcastic tone such as hippies, shamans, junkies or psychos.

specifically seems even governments around the world are starting to accept the well known reality of certain fungi species being amazingly effective in various neurological ways. There will always be a few that say meth is good recreational, so its good to separate the species without lumping them together to avoid discussing vastly different things but assuming they are similar based on legal frameworks rather than any form of actual facts.

The typical species of mushrooms used to be alright here. now they are just illegal once in possession, but your land could have them. other species of mushrooms are legal such as Amanita muscaria but vastly different thing, often dangerous, and hard to find in Taiwan. Thats the thing, even just ā€œmagic Mushroomsā€ cover a range of different things including chemicals, effect and safety.

Interestingly we still see the odd Brugmansia poisoning in Taiwan from eating mis identified vegetable used in aboriginal cooking. Thats a huge issue, improperly identification, which seriously plagues the restaurant industry and especially the traditional medicine industry.

1 Like

I believe that is the premise. It doesnā€™t actually shut neurons down like @Dr_Milker suggested. I think psychedelics activate them and make them connect in new ways.

4 Likes

Thereā€™s an app for that trip.

More studies:

1 Like