Psycho Xiaojies: A warning from history!

Okay I can agree with perhaps slightly delusional but not mental. Maybe there was a misunderstanding between us lyros because from where I’m from calling someone mental is very insulting…it insinuates that someones stupid or can’t think. But slightly delusional I can see. Regardless I wish him the best of luck, it’s just that thinks like this takes time and requires patience. And who knows maybe he did post just to rant. I know for me, if someone like this happened to me I’d want to talk to someone about it :/.

[quote=“farmingmountains”]

Picking up quality girls in TW is not as easy as in JP without the money (where blue eyes are often enough to make girls buy you a drink and where they even don’t mind paying for the love hotel). In TW lots of girls are materialistic, follow the parents and wanna marry rich. Little, spoiled wannabe princesses, for them it’s working because lots of TW guys are suckers for that. Laowai’s don’t have high status here (not like in JP or VN for example).

That’s why some guys on this forum suffer, when you indirectly make them realize that they maybe made a wrong choice coming all the way to TW, burning out at buxibans and wasting their mediocre salary on entry fees and alcohol at clubs, trying to pick up actually undesirable psycho xiaojies without much success (because no money boys!). You tell people the truth, they’ll hate you. That’s why the thread is >40 pages long. All they are waiting for is schadenfreude.[/quote]

How would people with real jobs and no alcohol consumption fit into this simplistic view of things?

If intentionally or not, its not just Adamu who is making Taiwanese women (or women in general) sound crazy. It’s a problem with a male dominated forum. Sexism just spills out.

There is also the funny “you are wrong to draw assumptions from your situation,” gang, because they have drawn counter conclusions based on the same amount of data. Their moral high ground seems to simply be that their conclusions are more harmonious to humanity. “I’ve been married to the same woman for 20 years, so my conclusions destroy your conclusions.”

Hilarious. Carry on.

But, if fact that would proove Adamu incorrect in his perception and belief. Adamu made absolute and near-absolute statements such as the following:

In response to such statements, evidence of the opposite is relevant and probative in refuting the nonsense.

And below he continues, but pleads for evidence that he is mistaken:

As such, why shouldn’t anyone provide anecdotal evidence that disproves his ridiculous absolutist statements?

Er… no. If I or anyone or many people can provide anecdotal evidence of being in a long-term relationship or marriage with a taiwanese women, such evidence does indeed destroy Adamu’s ridiculous conclusion.

Really? You want to support Adamu’s idiotic conclusions? Its been posted by others, but, how about we substitute Taiwan girl with Black girl?

GOOH!

His evidence is about him. Your evidence is about you. Both are a sample of one. If he doesn’t want to trust Taiwanese people based on one experience then so what. Fool me once… Your evidence is just as useless as his. Yours just seems better as it is more inclusive.

What’s the similarity between black people and a proportion of Taiwanese girls that you feel the need to bring in skin colour to the debate? He is talking about obvious cultural behaviours within a subset of people on one tiny island nation. How is that comparative to having black skin?

The difference is that he is extrapolating from his personal evidence that his experience explains all experiences. My evidence of the opposite of course refutes his conclusion, and thus is not as useless as his, whether or not it is more inclusive.

This is not psychology. Its logic.

The point is in regard to the ridiculousness of making absolute statements.

Again, this is not psychology. Its logic.

No, there’s definitely a logical difference, regardless of sample size.

Assume black swans = sane Taiwanese women.

OP: “There are no black swans.”
Poster 2: “No, there’s a black swan here. I know one.”"
OP: “Nope. No black swans.”
Posters 3, 6, 8: “Hey, more black swans over here!”
OP: “Nope. You’re wrong. They’re not black.”
Poster 14: “I know lots of black swans!”
OP: “Nope. They don’t exist. Or if they do, they’ll turn white soon.”

OP is saying “I’ve never met one, and therefore they don’t exist.” Many others are saying “Actually, I’ve met many, so they do exist.” There’s definitely a logical difference in the two arguments.

You seem to misunderstand emotions and logic. The ‘black card,’ is emotional as is talking about your wedded bliss. Neither are formal logical conclusions.

You seem to not even understand the issue. And I’m not going to explain it further to you. Except to say…

You’re wrong… :laughing:

[quote=“superking”]If intentionally or not, its not just Adamu who is making Taiwanese women (or women in general) sound crazy. It’s a problem with a male dominated forum. Sexism just spills out.
[/quote]

The lense is interesting. I initially reacted to the ‘any woman who doesn’t behave how I want is broken’ thing, which is pretty widespread attitude, even in the kooler gentleman, not the racism.

There’s a kind of Maslow’s pyramid of bumteurism with racism being naughtier than sexism.

[quote=“Ermintrude”][quote=“superking”]If intentionally or not, its not just Adamu who is making Taiwanese women (or women in general) sound crazy. It’s a problem with a male dominated forum. Sexism just spills out.
[/quote]

The lense is interesting. I initially reacted to the ‘any woman who doesn’t behave how I want is broken’ thing, which is pretty widespread attitude, even in the kooler gentleman, not the racism.

There’s a kind of Maslow’s pyramid of bumteurism with racism being naughtier than sexism.[/quote]

It’s hard not to be a sexist, racist male, but I try my hardest, pet. :smiley:

Maslow’s bum pyramid is an interesting concept.

Because a whole 1/3 of the world is white and only 1/2 of the world is men.

Wait a second… :ponder:

[quote=“superking”]

There is also the funny “you are wrong to draw assumptions from your situation,” gang, because they have drawn counter conclusions based on the same amount of data. Their moral high ground seems to simply be that their conclusions are more harmonious to humanity. “I’ve been married to the same woman for 20 years, so my conclusions destroy your conclusions.”

Hilarious. Carry on.[/quote]

Pardon me, but you seem to assume that simply rejecting a statement is equivalent to affirming its contrary, which is not. The OP has proposed an hypothesis for which he clearly has not enough data and some other posters, including myself, have rejected said hypothesis. I am not proposing that women in Taiwan are not more unstable than elsewhere, as I wrote in past posts. Also, note that I agree with you on both conclusions on whether or not women in Taiwan are “psycho-er” being baseless.

Some Taiwanese women do display break-up behaviours which ex-pat men have labelled psycho. This has been a constant theme on this site for 10+ years. People have agreed with this. When a person draws the conclusion, “there are enough of these women and I have been hurt enough to make this a thing I would warn people about,” it seems to be something people have decided is wrong and that Adamu needs to be taught that his conclusions are wrong. He obviously feels that he has enough data to say that it is a thing and that people need to be warned. What is wrong with that? Is it not a thing? Should ex-pat males not be warned, “you won’t enjoy the break-up process”?
Of course, it is errant to assume all Taiwanese women are like this. “You are wrong because I have been happily married for 20 years,” doesn’t make him totally wrong. It means his conclusions need revising.

He claims the majority of Taiwanese women are PXs.
He’s wrong superking, drop it!

[quote=“superking”]Some Taiwanese women do display break-up behaviours which ex-pat men have labelled psycho. This has been a constant theme on this site for 10+ years. People have agreed with this. When a person draws the conclusion, “there are enough of these women and I have been hurt enough to make this a thing I would warn people about,” it seems to be something people have decided is wrong and that Adamu needs to be taught that his conclusions are wrong. He obviously feels that he has enough data to say that it is a thing and that people need to be warned. What is wrong with that? Is it not a thing? Should ex-pat males not be warned, “you won’t enjoy the break-up process”?
Of course, it is errant to assume all Taiwanese women are like this. “You are wrong because I have been happily married for 20 years,” doesn’t make him totally wrong. It means his conclusions need revising.[/quote]

Strawman.

Just stop.

Nobody is denying anything except that all or a very large majority of X women are Y.

You’re arguing with yourself.

[quote=“superking”]Some Taiwanese women do display break-up behaviours which ex-pat men have labelled psycho. This has been a constant theme on this site for 10+ years. People have agreed with this. When a person draws the conclusion, “there are enough of these women and I have been hurt enough to make this a thing I would warn people about,” it seems to be something people have decided is wrong and that Adamu needs to be taught that his conclusions are wrong. He obviously feels that he has enough data to say that it is a thing and that people need to be warned. What is wrong with that? Is it not a thing? Should ex-pat males not be warned, “you won’t enjoy the break-up process”?
Of course, it is errant to assume all Taiwanese women are like this. “You are wrong because I have been happily married for 20 years,” doesn’t make him totally wrong. It means his conclusions need revising.[/quote]

i wouldn’t disagree that taiwanese (and chinese too) women behave more crazy in general…than what we are used to. but what i would say is that it doesn’t just happen overnight like the OP is claiming…and failure to see any signs that would lead to this is his own fault.

according to the OP this is what happend.

guys dates perfect woman and both enjoy a perfect dream relationship.
guy makes no mistakes
woman turns psycho xiao jie overnight, kicks him out and steals his property. he can’t get it back because her uncle has been seen having a chinwag with a cop.

reality doesnt work like that sorry.

Argument: Taiwanese women are psycho or very likely to be psycho. Would not recommend getting anywhere near them. (Logical implication: that includes your friends and loved ones.)
Counter-argument: My wife, extended family, and friends are not crazy, and you don’t know them, so stop talking about what you know absolutely nothing about.

I don’t see anything wrong with what I’m saying here. :ponder:

[quote=“Tigerman”]

Strawman.

Just stop.

Nobody is denying anything except that all or a very large majority of X women are Y.

You’re arguing with yourself.[/quote]

Where is your evidence that a large majority of Taiwanese women won’t display this behaviour when dumped by a laowai? Certainly not from your own experiences. If Adamu has to prove all women are a certain way (as he has been asked by posters during this thread), why shouldn’t you prove they aren’t if you want to disagree with him?

A sample size of 1 is a sample size of 1, no matter the direction.
Can anybody prove that most Taiwanese women who split acrimoniously with their western partners WONT keep all their partners belongings?