Psycho Xiaojies: A warning from history!

I don’t understand why other people’s sexual preferences are somehow important to you. There are, undoubtedly, some women who have a “thing” about caucasians (you mean “caucasians”, don’t you, not “foreigners”, because “foreigners” includes those dirty Indonesians and other untouchables). Some women have a thing for bald men, or black men, or hairy backs (hello Icon). Why would you, or anybody else, care about that? And why is it your duty to judge the worth of those women?

My unofficial and rather limited survey of women who have a strong preference for non-Taiwanese is that they obsess over a particular nationality or racial/cultural group, not skin colour. One liked British men because she thought (maybe still thinks) they’re more cultured. I took her to Manchester once but it didn’t make any difference. One preferred Americans. One had fantasies about Italian men (she apparently got one and is now living happily ever after). One was, um, a size queen. Nowt wrong with that; some men have a thing about pneumatic women, don’t they? Do you judge them for being shallow?

They probably don’t care whether you think they’re a man or not. Look, the men who trawl the clubs here are the exact same men who trawl the clubs back home. There are “easy women” everywhere, same as there are easy men (um, I guess that would be most of them, but anyway…). Sex tourists, AFAIK, do come to Asia, but they don’t come to Taiwan.[/quote]

“I don’t understand why their sexual preferences matter to you”.

LOL relax yourself. Don’t be so defensive. I was replying to someone’s written response TO ME about moving to Taiwan solely to have better luck with women. Furthermore, I was adding my 2 cents to Dr. Jelly’s post who was talking about local Taiwanese men being upset over foreigners taking over their women. Last I remember that’s what you do on a forum right? Cause I believe you can share your thoughts/opinion on an issue that you don’t really care about. Speaking for myself, if I REALLY cared, I would actively do something about it beyond responding to you. Is there anywhere in my response that I implied that I will take serious action? Unless giggling is a CRIME!

So let me be frank with you. At the end of the day, it doesn’t matter to me if you’re some dateless loser in the US that wants to go to Taiwan to get laid, or if you’re some western loving local Taiwanese woman that just white guys. Do what you gotta do. But I have my thoughts on the matter. Am I going to do something about it? Nope, because it has nothing to do with me and it doesn’t affect my life. In the end, what matters is me, my family, my friends, and my girlfriend. But you want to know the ones that DO care? Those insecure local beta male Taiwanese guys that want to rip your head off.

“They probably don’t care whether you think they’re a man or not.”

FANTASTIC! That’s what I want to hear! I certainly would hope that they will not care that I think they’re sissy boys. If they’re confident, they shouldn’t give a rats ass about my opinion of them because what matters is what they think of themselves. Besides…I’m here replying for fun!

But “they” don’t come to Taiwan for sex?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Oh man, if you’ve heard the things I’ve heard about Taiwan here in NYC. Hell, all my relatives, including cousins (all female) my own age have lived in Taiwan all their life, and they will tell you about white men going there and exploiting the small percentage of women who are obsessed with white guys. They even read about it. Oh, and they’ll tell you it goes WAY deeper than just a simple dating “preference” and it’s not based on nationality. But we don’t need to get into that because the topic is PSYCHO XIAOJIES.[/quote]

There’s nothing surprising about a “small percentage” of people from group A liking people from group B. What’s wrong with a “small percentage” of people from group B going to meet people from group A, or vice versa? Different people like different things. Most relationships (in the developed world) start with a basic physical attraction. That’s all. Again - this has nothing to do with people from group Z.

I can understand that you’re just making an observation or perhaps passing on info that you’ve heard from various sources. But still, when things are said a certain way - people will read into them differently. Compare:

• I’ve heard that a small percentage of Taiwanese women like Caucasian guys, and that some Caucasian guys like Taiwanese women.
  • My family, my aunties, uncles, friends and cousins all say that there are some really crazy women in Taiwan who are mad for foreigner guys. Some loser foreigner guys who can’t get dates where they come from come to Taiwan.
    (and finally)
  • I don’t care but my family, my aunties, uncles, friends and cousins all say that there are some really crazy/loser/mad/diseased women in Taiwan who are mad for loser foreigner guys. Some loser foreigner guys who can’t get dates where they come from come to Taiwan. It’s sooo easy for them. They’re going to catch diseases etc.

It’s the “I don’t care” thing that makes it sound like you really do care (even though you actually don’t).

:unamused:
lesbihonest, I was under the impression that you were a lesbian based on your name. I’m sorely disappointed to find that you are just another pua-pushing straight guy :s

In all seriousness though, pointing the finger at an entire group of people and making their love “less than” just because it’s not what you want/enjoy/have is pretty silly.
I hear you on the “improve yourself” bit, and you have a point that certain dating markets are easier for certain people, but you’re painting everyone here with a broad brush, aren’t ya?

Well … yeah. The language you’re using screams out that you care an awful lot.

If you wanted to emigrate to a country where women throw themselves at you just because you’re a “foreigner”, those countries do exist. Taiwan isn’t one of them. Really.

If you go to a gay club, you’ll see lots of people hoping to meet other gay people. If you go to a strip club, you’ll see seedy men who want to watch random women take their clothes off. If you go to a club where foreigners hang out, you’ll see - and you may not believe this, but it’s true - women who want to meet foreigners. The vast majority of Taiwanese women aren’t about to dump their nice Taiwanese bf the moment a White Man appears on the horizon.

Those women who look “proud” with the foreign boyfriend: could it be that they’re happy and in love, and it shows? What are they supposed to look like?

Ah, well, who can argue with the ‘facts’ in Apple daily, eh? :wink:[/quote]

Language used shows that I care an awful lot?

That’s just my personality and how I communicate with everybody…I’m blunt and I like to use strong words in my communication. Doesn’t mean that I care so I fail to see your logic in this. I’m just being honest. You want to cry about it because you can’t take it then I don’t know what to tell ya buddy. I told you it doesn’t matter to me if you want to be a loser and emigrate to Taiwan just to get laid because you can’t here. Is loser too strong a word for you? I fail to see connection of me caring to applying the term correctly to describe someone who have tried and failed? By your logic, you mentioned “dirty” Indonesians. That’s strong too. Should I assume that at some point in your life some “dirty” Indonesian screwed you over? Cause personally, I would just say Indonesian and would NEVER say that to the caretakers in Taiwan looking after senior citizens that are trying to make money for their families back in Indonesia. But you think they’re dirty and at the end of the day it’s your opinion and I personally don’t think you care about it either.

“If you wanted to emigrate to a country where women throw themselves at you just because you’re a “foreigner”, those countries do exist. Taiwan isn’t one of them. Really.”

ROFL…okay if that’s what you want to tell yourself so you can sleep better at night. Go ahead and discredit what I’ve seen, the types of people my friends have met in Taiwan, the news that my family has read, and their own experiences. What do I know – I’m just a Taiwanese American that knows the locals.

“If you go to a gay club, you’ll see lots of people hoping to meet other gay people…The vast majority of Taiwanese women aren’t about to dump their nice Taiwanese bf the moment a White Man appears on the horizon.”

Oh man, you just pick and choose what you want to read and assume the worst. You realize that I was describing what my assumptions are as to why local Taiwanese men want to kick your ass because you’re “stealing” their women away right? For ONE, I’m not local Tawianese and second, hahaha I DON’T CARE. I’m simply having a discussion and you want to get defensive and project your anger onto me. Listen, if you want to take everything out of context, then go for it. I’ve already said that I think it’s great for “foreigners” that want to come to Taiwan to live, work, and have a change of scenery. You want to take an active interest in Taiwanese culture, learn Mandarin and mingle with the locals GREAT! But I told you, I have no respect for people that go there simply to get laid and not give a shit about the place they’re in. Would you see me going to Rome, just to sleep with Italian women and not ONCE visit the Vatican?

“The vast majority of Taiwanese women aren’t about to dump their nice Taiwanese bf the moment a White Man appears on the horizon.”

Some have some haven’t and I know that to be true from MY experience unless you want to discredit that and every member of my family as well. But I’m glad it’s rainbows and unicorns for your experience, while all the stories and the “foreigner-loving” (lighter term so you won’t get mad) women that my friends, family have met are just urban myths to you.

Growing up in Taipei, I’ve always heard my taiwanese mates talk about going to a club to meet “broken wing” girls. That is taiwanese slang for easy women. And I know at least one of my mates who is a real pro at it. He’s had sex with literally hundreds of women in the last 15 years say.

There are loose women in clubs who you can pick up in Taiwan. WOW, big news aint it?

I am absolutely certain that can NEVER happy anywhere in America or Europe , right? There is NO WAY there are loose women going to clubs there right? (being sarcastic here, in case anyone thought I was serious about this statement).

And yes, there are ladies who like western dudes as opposed to TW dudes who go to clubs hoping to get laid.

By virtue of there being so many available young ladies in Taipei, it may be a LOT easier then many other places. That much I think is fairly certain. And it is not just women going after foreign men.

A lot of club girls go to clubs too when they are not working the sex trade. And look for a bit of romance too.

Taipei is a place full of “opportunities” for locals and foreigners.

Probably not on the same level as Thailand though.

I don’t understand why other people’s sexual preferences are somehow important to you. There are, undoubtedly, some women who have a “thing” about caucasians (you mean “caucasians”, don’t you, not “foreigners”, because “foreigners” includes those dirty Indonesians and other untouchables). Some women have a thing for bald men, or black men, or hairy backs (hello Icon). Why would you, or anybody else, care about that? And why is it your duty to judge the worth of those women?

My unofficial and rather limited survey of women who have a strong preference for non-Taiwanese is that they obsess over a particular nationality or racial/cultural group, not skin colour. One liked British men because she thought (maybe still thinks) they’re more cultured. I took her to Manchester once but it didn’t make any difference. One preferred Americans. One had fantasies about Italian men (she apparently got one and is now living happily ever after). One was, um, a size queen. Nowt wrong with that; some men have a thing about pneumatic women, don’t they? Do you judge them for being shallow?

They probably don’t care whether you think they’re a man or not. Look, the men who trawl the clubs here are the exact same men who trawl the clubs back home. There are “easy women” everywhere, same as there are easy men (um, I guess that would be most of them, but anyway…). Sex tourists, AFAIK, do come to Asia, but they don’t come to Taiwan.[/quote]

“I don’t understand why their sexual preferences matter to you”.

LOL relax yourself. Don’t be so defensive. I was replying to someone’s written response TO ME about moving to Taiwan solely to have better luck with women. Furthermore, I was adding my 2 cents to Dr. Jelly’s post who was talking about local Taiwanese men being upset over foreigners taking over their women. Last I remember that’s what you do on a forum right? Cause I believe you can share your thoughts/opinion on an issue that you don’t really care about. Speaking for myself, if I REALLY cared, I would actively do something about it beyond responding to you. Is there anywhere in my response that I implied that I will take serious action? Unless giggling is a CRIME!

So let me be frank with you. At the end of the day, it doesn’t matter to me if you’re some dateless loser in the US that wants to go to Taiwan to get laid, or if you’re some western loving local Taiwanese woman that just white guys. Do what you gotta do. But I have my thoughts on the matter. Am I going to do something about it? Nope, because it has nothing to do with me and it doesn’t affect my life. In the end, what matters is me, my family, my friends, and my girlfriend. But you want to know the ones that DO care? Those insecure local beta male Taiwanese guys that want to rip your head off.

“They probably don’t care whether you think they’re a man or not.”

FANTASTIC! That’s what I want to hear! I certainly would hope that they will not care that I think they’re sissy boys. If they’re confident, they shouldn’t give a rats ass about my opinion of them because what matters is what they think of themselves. Besides…I’m here replying for fun!

But “they” don’t come to Taiwan for sex?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Oh man, if you’ve heard the things I’ve heard about Taiwan here in NYC. Hell, all my relatives, including cousins (all female) my own age have lived in Taiwan all their life, and they will tell you about white men going there and exploiting the small percentage of women who are obsessed with white guys. They even read about it. Oh, and they’ll tell you it goes WAY deeper than just a simple dating “preference” and it’s not based on nationality. But we don’t need to get into that because the topic is PSYCHO XIAOJIES.[/quote]

There’s nothing surprising about a “small percentage” of people from group A liking people from group B. What’s wrong with a “small percentage” of people from group B going to meet people from group A, or vice versa? Different people like different things. Most relationships (in the developed world) start with a basic physical attraction. That’s all. Again - this has nothing to do with people from group Z.

I can understand that you’re just making an observation or perhaps passing on info that you’ve heard from various sources. But still, when things are said a certain way - people will read into them differently. Compare:

• I’ve heard that a small percentage of Taiwanese women like Caucasian guys, and that some Caucasian guys like Taiwanese women.
  • My family, my aunties, uncles, friends and cousins all say that there are some really crazy women in Taiwan who are mad for foreigner guys. Some loser foreigner guys who can’t get dates where they come from come to Taiwan.
    (and finally)
  • I don’t care but my family, my aunties, uncles, friends and cousins all say that there are some really crazy/loser/mad/diseased women in Taiwan who are mad for loser foreigner guys. Some loser foreigner guys who can’t get dates where they come from come to Taiwan. It’s sooo easy for them. They’re going to catch diseases etc.

It’s the “I don’t care” thing that makes it sound like you really do care (even though you actually don’t).[/quote]

“There’s nothing surprising about a “small percentage” of people from group A liking people from group B. What’s wrong with a “small percentage” of people from group B going to meet people from group A, or vice versa? Different people like different things. Most relationships (in the developed world) start with a basic physical attraction. That’s all. Again - this has nothing to do with people from group Z.”

You’re right and I agree with you, local Taiwanese shouldn’t care. What’s important is their own life. But I was explaining to you my thoughts as to why local Taiwanese would get angry. My friends and I have met those “types” of women and the ignorant things they have said about Americans leads me to think, in my own opinion, that it goes beyond basic simple attraction. Why do they act this way? I have my thoughts on that too but I don’t care enough to discuss it…not my problem.

I’m too lazy to scroll up and read my own writing but I believe I’ve mainly used the words obsessed and loser. I get it, there’s a negative connotation to those terms but I’m really just using it literally. A person who emigrates to Taiwan solely for dating because he couldn’t attract women in the States IS, by definition a loser because he has tried, failed, refuse to make improvements on himself, and run to a place where it is easy. If I go on job interviews and never get the job, refuse to improve my interview skills, and give up and go be a cash register at Wal-Mart…wouldn’t that be the definition of what a loser is? Again, the purpose of my response to you was to add in my thoughts as to why those local Taiwanese guys would get angry at “foreigners” dating the women. Your points made for an interesting discussion.

lesbihonest, you visited Taipei recently. What happened? Because you started posting wanting to meet ‘friends’ here (as in dating) and now this?

lesbihonest, I was under the impression that you were a lesbian based on your name. I’m sorely disappointed to find that you are just another pua-pushing straight guy :s

In all seriousness though, pointing the finger at an entire group of people and making their love “less than” just because it’s not what you want/enjoy/have is pretty silly.
I hear you on the “improve yourself” bit, and you have a point that certain dating markets are easier for certain people, but you’re painting everyone here with a broad brush, aren’t ya?[/quote]

You say I shouldn’t “assume” yet you assume that I am a PUA-Pushing straight guy? AMAZING.

Who said I’m making their love “less-than”? Those are your conclusions. I said I don’t view men who move abroad to Taiwan just to get laid as men. Did I imply that I will devalue their relationships if he happens to find someone abroad? People can celebrate a marriage formed from mail-order brides but they don’t have to agree with it. You do what you gotta do. You find love and I’m going to be happy for them – but do I have to respect how the relationship was achieved? No. What does it matter? Just because I don’t respect something doesn’t mean I’m going to treat it like shit. I don’t go around antagonizing people…too busy maintaining my own relationship -_-.

Question for you – do you respect PUAs? From what I’ve been told, these guys are spending $3000 USD on these ludicrous boot camps to learn evolving but scripted “routines” to solely “deceive” attractive women into bed. And by “deceive” I mean, learning a routine to project a false image while burying your “true self”. These guys have material that covers methods on seducing to maintaining a relationship. To each their own? Sure, you and I both wouldn’t go and tell them their relationships are worth squat but would you respect what they do? I don’t.

[quote]You’re right and I agree with you, local Taiwanese shouldn’t care. What’s important is their own life. But I was explaining to you my thoughts as to why local Taiwanese would get angry. My friends and I have met those “types” of women and the ignorant things they have said about Americans leads me to think, in my own opinion, that it goes beyond basic simple attraction. Why do they act this way? I have my thoughts on that too but I don’t care enough to discuss it…not my problem.

I’m too lazy to scroll up and read my own writing but I believe I’ve mainly used the words obsessed and loser. I get it, there’s a negative connotation to those terms but I’m really just using it literally. A person who emigrates to Taiwan solely for dating because he couldn’t attract women in the States IS, by definition a loser because he has tried, failed, refuse to make improvements on himself, and run to a place where it is easy. If I go on job interviews and never get the job, refuse to improve my interview skills, and give up and go be a cash register at Wal-Mart…wouldn’t that be the definition of what a loser is? Again, the purpose of my response to you was to add in my thoughts as to why those local Taiwanese guys would get angry at “foreigners” dating the women. Your points made for an interesting discussion.[/quote]

You mentioned Taiwanese guys getting angry about Taiwanese women being with Caucasian guys. I’ve heard of a few Taiwanese guys getting frustrated about it in clubs, but I’ve never heard much about this kind of thing escalating to the point of violence.

People have all kinds of motivations for doing things, conscious and subconscious. People do and say daft things all the time. I don’t know how many Taiwanese women are the way you’re saying they are - both ignorant and having ulterior motives of some sort, but if they’re really that bad, then why would a Taiwanese guy want to go out with those particular ladies anyway? Surely it’s easier to just be happy for them if they find what they’re looking for, and take comfort in the fact that there are plenty more fish in the sea.

I kind of agree that if there was someone out there, who had failed to find a partner wherever, and then they decided to move to Taiwan “just” so they could date the so-called easy Taiwanese women, and not come here to enjoy any aspects of the culture, to learn Chinese, work, teach, travel the world… no - just for the so-called easy women - then yes, that would be a bit sad. I’m not sure how many people in the world are truly so pathetic, though. I know there are a lot of losers - yes, I 'll use the word losers, who go on holiday to Thailand just for the sex tourism. But coming to live in Taiwan? Probably less likely.

One of my family members in Taipei was really sick so I went to see her; plus I haven’t been back in Taiwan for a long time… I did have some free time so I wanted to meet some new people aside from hanging out with my family. Ended up looking around and stumbled upon this site. I saw the Dating/Relationship section and started reading the topics and thought it was a fun read. I saw a guy make a post about meeting new people so I decided to give it a try and see if anyone is up for hanging out. It wasn’t for dating because it wouldn’t have mattered if it was a male or female. Anyways, I ended hanging out with some old friends and met some new people in person so I didn’t do anything about that post. Since I’ve been back, I just go on the site and read these funny stories and reply if someone writes to me.

Haha it was only a matter of time someone would bring that up. And no, I’m not interested in dating local Taiwanese women.

[quote=“Dr Jellyfish”][quote]You’re right and I agree with you, local Taiwanese shouldn’t care. What’s important is their own life. But I was explaining to you my thoughts as to why local Taiwanese would get angry. My friends and I have met those “types” of women and the ignorant things they have said about Americans leads me to think, in my own opinion, that it goes beyond basic simple attraction. Why do they act this way? I have my thoughts on that too but I don’t care enough to discuss it…not my problem.

I’m too lazy to scroll up and read my own writing but I believe I’ve mainly used the words obsessed and loser. I get it, there’s a negative connotation to those terms but I’m really just using it literally. A person who emigrates to Taiwan solely for dating because he couldn’t attract women in the States IS, by definition a loser because he has tried, failed, refuse to make improvements on himself, and run to a place where it is easy. If I go on job interviews and never get the job, refuse to improve my interview skills, and give up and go be a cash register at Wal-Mart…wouldn’t that be the definition of what a loser is? Again, the purpose of my response to you was to add in my thoughts as to why those local Taiwanese guys would get angry at “foreigners” dating the women. Your points made for an interesting discussion.[/quote]

You mentioned Taiwanese guys getting angry about Taiwanese women being with Caucasian guys. I’ve heard of a few Taiwanese guys getting frustrated about it in clubs, but I’ve never heard much about this kind of thing escalating to the point of violence.

People have all kinds of motivations for doing things, conscious and subconscious. People do and say daft things all the time. I don’t know how many Taiwanese women are the way you’re saying they are - both ignorant and having ulterior motives of some sort, but if they’re really that bad, then why would a Taiwanese guy want to go out with those particular ladies anyway? Surely it’s easier to just be happy for them if they find what they’re looking for, and take comfort in the fact that there are plenty more fish in the sea.

I kind of agree that if there was someone out there, who had failed to find a partner wherever, and then they decided to move to Taiwan “just” so they could date the so-called easy Taiwanese women, and not come here to enjoy any aspects of the culture, to learn Chinese, work, teach, travel the world… no - just for the so-called easy women - then yes, that would be a bit sad. I’m not sure how many people in the world are truly so pathetic, though. I know there are a lot of losers - yes, I 'll use the word losers, who go on holiday to Thailand just for the sex tourism. But coming to live in Taiwan? Probably less likely.[/quote]

Usually, they resort to making rude and racist remarks but I’ve heard it escalate to violence a few times. My best friend has been living and teaching in Taiwan and he would tell me stories about some of his acquaintances getting beat up and one murdered by Taiwanese gangsters for simply dancing with their girlfriends at the clubs. Mainly, because he was white. Happened in Kaohsiung. Granted, Taiwanese gangsters don’t like ANYBODY dancing with their girlfriends, but I’ve been told they don’t cut “foreigners” any slack and would probably cut a Taiwanese more slack. Still, getting angry over it is pretty stupid if you ask me.

I TOTALLY agree with you in that the local guys need to relax and focus on their own life. You’re not going to get anywhere by antagonizing others. If they’re concerned about attracting women, being angry over something like that is about as unattractive as you can get. But I still think that maybe they feel that those women “make Taiwan look bad” so that’s why they’re upset. Hell, I’ve even overheard guys talking about Taiwan being an easy spot for whites at bars all the way here in NYC! My friends who live in Taiwan know a couple of “foreigners” that have lived there for 8+ years there, still not able to speak a lick of mandarin, have NO local friends, and spend their time teaching English and sexing different local foreign-loving girls. I’d have to respect that and see them as men? If I don’t, so what. It’s just my opinion, I’m not going to do anything about it. You do what you gotta to – to each their own right?

[quote=“lesbihonest”]

You say I shouldn’t “assume” yet you assume that I am a PUA-Pushing straight guy? AMAZING.[/quote]
A lot of the words you are saying (beta, for example) and the ideas you’re espousing are straight out of the pua playbook.

I summarized for brevity, but I think the gist of your post was that the experience of the men who come here is somehow inferior to your own. I apologize if I misunderstood, but I think that most readers would get the same impression.
To your credit you did add the qualifier that it was “men who come just to pick up local women” who have earned your scorn, but something like that is really difficult to measure. I don’t think most men here would admit that that’s why they came (if indeed it was) so how could you divine that that was their true purpose?

I respect anyone who’s making an honest effort to improve his/her life and get what he/she wants. I think there’s an absence of good materials available to young men who want to improve their lives. Pua stuff has filled the void, because it purports to help young men get something that they almost universally want- sex. Unfortunately I think that along with the good things (self improvement, an emphasis on working out and self-confidence) it also comes with a hefty dose of ideas (mostly about relationships between men and women) that are less-than-effective in healthy, long-term relationships. These ideas are mostly based on evolutionary psychology (which is a fun theory to think about but far from proven).
So do I respect puas? I’d have to take it on a case by case basis I suppose.
Would I date a pua? The last time I put up a dating profile I specifically said that if someone was really big into that stuff I would prefer they didn’t contact me. They did anyways. Go figure :laughing:

[quote=“NonTocareLeTete”][quote=“lesbihonest”]

You say I shouldn’t “assume” yet you assume that I am a PUA-Pushing straight guy? AMAZING.[/quote]
A lot of the words you are saying (beta, for example) and the ideas you’re espousing are straight out of the pua playbook.

I summarized for brevity, but I think the gist of your post was that the experience of the men who come here is somehow inferior to your own. I apologize if I misunderstood, but I think that most readers would get the same impression.
To your credit you did add the qualifier that it was “men who come just to pick up local women” who have earned your scorn, but something like that is really difficult to measure. I don’t think most men here would admit that that’s why they came (if indeed it was) so how could you divine that that was their true purpose?

I respect anyone who’s making an honest effort to improve his/her life and get what he/she wants. I think there’s an absence of good materials available to young men who want to improve their lives. Pua stuff has filled the void, because it purports to help young men get something that they almost universally want- sex. Unfortunately I think that along with the good things (self improvement, an emphasis on working out and self-confidence) it also comes with a hefty dose of ideas (mostly about relationships between men and women) that are less-than-effective in healthy, long-term relationships. These ideas are mostly based on evolutionary psychology (which is a fun theory to think about but far from proven).
So do I respect puas? I’d have to take it on a case by case basis I suppose.
Would I date a pua? The last time I put up a dating profile I specifically said that if someone was really big into that stuff I would prefer they didn’t contact me. They did anyways. Go figure :laughing:[/quote]

“A lot of the words you are saying (beta, for example) and the ideas you’re espousing are straight out of the pua playbook.”

Eh, people, including myself, have been using the term "beta’ for certain “types” of men long before PUA existed. You could’ve easily asked me if I am a PUA or if I read PUA-related material instead of labeling me as a “PUA-pushing straight guy”.

“but I think the gist of your post was that the experience of the men who come here is somehow inferior to your own.”

“I don’t think most men here would admit that that’s why they came (if indeed it was) so how could you divine that that was their true purpose?”

Just because I don’t respect someone’s way of doing things doesn’t mean I devalue them or find them inferior to me. I just think instead of improving yourself but instead take this huge life-changing risk and move abroad just so you can increase your chances with women is a little sad. But I wouldn’t say anything to them considering that I’m in no position to tell someone how to live their life.

You can tell by how the things they say and how they spend their time in Taiwan – my friend’s coworker was such an example. Been in Taiwan for 5+ years and doesn’t want to learn Mandarin. All he does is go out and try to get laid at these “foreigner” friendly bars. Doesn’t make an effort to get to know any of the locals and only hangs out with ex-pats. Not friendly at all towards local Taiwanese, only to the women and when he sees a local Taiwanese guy or “ABC” dating a non-Asian woman, he always has some racist remark to say. He also knows another guy who quit his lucrative career in NYC because he’s not successful with women and moved back to teach ESL in Taiwan because he misses the attention and the sex life. In the end, so long they don’t affect me, they can do whatever they want.

In regards to PUA, I don’t know, I just PUA’s are following the same, identical scripted material and all you do is bury your true self and never overcome your character flaws.

[quote=“lesbihonest”]But “they” don’t come to Taiwan for sex?

The clubs are littered with 7s and 8s far fewer 9s and 10s usually dopey looking models from France. Most of them wouldn’t have much trouble getting laid back home, so who are you talking about?

Heck it’s even kind of rare to see a fat westerner in taipei, its much more common to see a thin decent looking one, which already puts them in the 80% percentile back home

I think the only argument that can be made is, if a guy is a 7 he might be able to get an 8 or 9 more easily here, whereas he will only be able to get a 6 or 7 back home unless he puts in a lot of effort.

You have a lot of trunks and sandals English teachers here … they get girl friends too! :popcorn: :saywhat:

You have got to be absolutely kidding yourself.
Why don’t you ask a Western female who goes home regularly (to her country) what she thinks. I think you’ll find it’s completely the opposite.

Whatever this thread.

before i met my wife, i was having sex with multiple ladies ON THE SAME DAY… without actually trying. It just kinda happened.

they ranged from 7-9, my wife is a 10. Im probably a 7 myself… at that time I was a 5 at best (ive gotten in shape since then to keep up with my wife)

that could never happen back home.

[quote=“triceratopses”][quote=“lesbihonest”]But “they” don’t come to Taiwan for sex?

The clubs are littered with 7s and 8s far fewer 9s and 10s usually dopey looking models from France. Most of them wouldn’t have much trouble getting laid back home, so who are you talking about?

Heck it’s even kind of rare to see a fat westerner in taipei, its much more common to see a thin decent looking one, which already puts them in the 80% percentile back home

I think the only argument that can be made is, if a guy is a 7 he might be able to get an 8 or 9 more easily here, whereas he will only be able to get a 6 or 7 back home unless he puts in a lot of effort.[/quote]

Hahaha I’ve seen decent masculine looking (by American standards) white guys in Taipei but they’re rare; most of them are scrawny and weak-looking; no different from SOME of the local Taiwanese men.

From my experience in going to these bars/lounges/clubs, – some of the “western-loving” girls will date anything white so there’s no need for a number system. Their standards for white men are a lot lower than Asian. Even some of the locals, including my cousins that live there have noticed it too. That’s a nice advantage if you’re just looking to get laid but here in NYC, most of those guys will never attract “attractive” non-Asian women.

In my honest opinion, any “foreigner” (westernized-Asian included) that gets cocky from sleeping with local Taiwanese women makes me :roflmao: . It’s like me saying I’m a playboy Alpha male because strippers approach me for a lap dance at a strip club.

In this thread: “I’ve seen…” “Well I’ve never seen that! What I’ve seen is…”

Mods, please put this thread down for its own benefit.

[quote=“Hokwongwei”]In this thread: “I’ve seen…” “Well I’ve never seen that! What I’ve seen is…”

Mods, please put this thread down for its own benefit.[/quote]

Recreation-grade humans. The silver lining is that 99% clap with one hand. The rest cluster.

HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR