Psycho Xiaojies: A warning from history!

We’ve heard enough about your ex.

5 Likes

For once @Gain and I agree.

1 Like

I’d actually like to hear more.

2 Likes

You can use the PM function.

2 Likes

I bet I’m not the only one. Stop oppressing the silent majority! :sunglasses:

5 Likes

how many?

I don’t know. They’re silent.

3 Likes

If you go through his post history, he’s already written a Tolstoy length epic about this “ex.”

Yes, but I think he has more than one Russian novel in him. :sunglasses:

OP poured his heart out and then got roasted hard lol

2 Likes

Was funny how Taiwanese thought they can abuse me, like they do daily to south east Asians immigrants. They even took Taiwanese passport & citizenship of one Vietnamese lady. Can any lawyer here explain me how this is possible?

But when real pressure came, they all got panic. I got my son, and they lose a face. Chinese people can not win serious conflict. Is simple as this, and Trump knows it. For the first time USA has president, which understand Chinese people very well. And it makes em so scared…

3 Likes

Oh boo hoo. Stop playing the victim card. Whatever happened, I’m sure you’re not blameless.

3 Likes

Sure lets take Taiwanese side just for sake of being Taiwanese. Us against them.

Fact is, Taiwanese system, institutions supported my wife, even she had clinical record of mental problems just cause her family has some money and connection. Bad luck for them, we are way more connected.

We lived in Europe and she run off to Taiwan with our son.

Sure am not perfect but am reasonable man, but no one fools with my family. Not every one is able to raise up kids and i do whatever it takes to protect my child. I pay Chinese nannies here, so son can be fluent in mandarin too. Maybe when times goes on, he can have more contacts with his mummy. But this is her choice, not to have contact. It was never about our son, it was always about their damn face and her poor mental condition.

Shame on you, you come like this to me, not knowing me. I hope nothing similar happen to anyone of you.

My mistake was not to see red flags before, but young and in love, focus on work too much…

All of you can continue pretend Chinese societies are healthy and democratic as long you want. But many of us lived there and we know deal about it. Am out.

2 Likes

It’s pretty hard to talk to you in a civilised way when you act like a 18 year-old whining about an ex all the time.

Blahblahblah. Find yourself some other site to bitch about her. We are already bored by you in case you haven’t noticed.

4 Likes

Sounds like any custody battle to me.

My friends a Aussie got sole custody of his twin daughters easy from a crazy Taiwanese mom. Showed he had more ability to take care of them, people spoke positive things about him to the judge, had multiple stable businesses and income.

Oh, how times (and Forumosans) have changed. I’ve been in Taiwan since 2002 and on Forumosa since at least 2003. At that time, there was on ongoing thread (like the Costco thread or the wack things thread) on psycho xiaojies at that time. It was considered common knowledge back then, just an assumption that that was something that you might experience.
I don’t know if it’s a racist theme, but it might be an unintentionally sexist one. Most of the users here are men, so go figure. It’s not racist to say that people from a different culture deal with problems in a different way, a way that might seem to be psycho to outsiders. Labeling that behaviour “psycho” is certainly pejorative, but it reflects the hurt experienced by those who have experienced it.
Also, “psycho” and “xiaojie” is sort is alliterative, so that’s a reason for the term.
Hurt feelings are dealt with in different ways in different cultures. I’ve lived in Taiwan and China. I’ve had girls go “psycho” on me in both places. But I’ve also had ex-boyfriends go “psycho” just because I was associated with their ex. I had a policeman come after me with a cleaver once. Who do you call then? It turned out that was the girl’s move to end things with him. Probably also a psycho move on her part. I’ve never been so thankful for ambitious taxi drivers. I got out of it with a slap from a man.
A female roommate’s ex-boyfriend’s girlfriend’s ex-husband once freaked out on her at her buxiban’s door for not keeping her man away from his woman. The boss bought the philandering couple pizza because they had a bad day.
An acquaintance once had an affair with his married boss (we think), and the jilted husband broke into his home, smashed his X-box, and threw his stuff onto the street. A co-worker met the cuckold in bar about a year later. Turns out he was a nice, normal guy.
I think western women deal with hurt feeling in a really, really passive-aggressive way. At least with “psychotic” behaviour, you know something is wrong. You may not know what to do about it, but you know something is wrong.
An introspective priest who confessed both xiaojies and shenshengs once told me that, in his experience, the way women in particular act is a matter of power. Within the cultural context, women feel they need to behave this way to make men aware of the scope of the problem. If it’s a level 5 problem, they act like it’s a level 25 problem to make the men act in accordance with a level 5 problem. If they act like it’s a level 5 problem, the men may not act at all. It depends a lot on relationships and upbringing and how much pride people have. Within the culture, it works out.
When western men encounter that way of dealing with problems, they freak out and call it psycho. Taiwanese women have different personalities, western men are variously patient and able to work out problems. Some of them end up having good relationships.
I’ve dated women from different cultures but I don’t want to apply a one-off to a whole culture, but from long-term experience, I can say that Russian women sometimes also go “psycho” and Filipinas get really, really, really, passive and then shut off emotionally altogether. And I’ve seen the opposite in both cultures.
I’m distracting myself from tedious work, so I’ll end with: Is anybody really sane?

1 Like

It’s both.

Hear hear.

Da fuq?? :flushed:

3 Likes

What were the red flags D-nice?

Can someone please type the Chinese characters for this? “psycho xiaojies”