Psycho Xiaojies: A warning from history!

and there are men who abuse women in the same ways that women do, that tend to get overlooked because physical abuse is more shocking.

2 Likes

On the other hand, the peewee snipping incidents do tend to make headlines.

Absolutely, my case isn’t that men don’t abuse women. Or to make less of it. It’s that statistics show in the US, domestic violence is almost even. 40:60 with women being more victims sure. But how many domestic violence shelters are there for men. I think 2. Over 2000 for women. Don’t see the double standards there?

You see a news articl where women chop off a men’s penis for cheating, you’ll see plenty of he deserves it! And jokes. If the circumstances were turn around and say the men cuts off the women’s breast, we would be in shocked!! News for days!

And you’ll see loads of people defending the women. Turn it around, you won’t see it.

Really? Seems pretty hard to defend (Twitter doesn’t count).

what kind of sites are you watching?

You’ll be surprised. You’ll hear plenty of women shouting he deserves it.

There’s always gonna be some stupid edgelord types who come around saying inappropriate things in the wake of a tragedy. The internet is just gross like that. Don’t give those people the right to be taken seriously. Ignore them.

3 Likes

It the overall attitude towards men and women. It’s laughable that there 2 domestic violence shelters for men in the US. I don’t think theres any for men in Taiwan.

Thank you, millennial, for teaching me a new word. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

For anyone interested and @Andrew0409

See the minuses of the statistics
https://ncadv.org/statistics
“1 in 4 women and 1 in 7 men have been victims of severe physical violence by an intimate partner in their lifetime.1
1 in 7 women and 1 in 18 men have been stalked by an intimate partner during their lifetime to the point in which they felt very fearful or believed that they or someone close to them would be harmed or killed.”

“On average, 24 people per minute are victims of rape, physical violence or stalking by an intimate partner in the United States — more than 12 million women and men over the course of a year.[i]
Nearly 3 in 10 women (29%) and 1 in 10 men (10%) in the US have experienced rape, physical violence and/or stalking by a partner and report a related impact on their< functioning.[ii]
Nearly, 15% of women (14.8%) and 4% of men have been injured as a result of IPV that included rape, physical violence and/or stalking by an intimate partner in their lifetime.[iii]
1 in 4 women (24.3%) and 1 in 7 men (13.8%) aged 18 and older in the United States have been the victim of severe physical violence by an intimate partner in their lifetime.”

From 1994 to 2010, about 4 in 5 victims of intimate partner violence were female.

Where did you get the 40-60 statistics from?

Men heavily under report domestic violence.

Some estimates 40% is a conservative number.
Here’s one, there are plenty others that do a better account of under reporting.
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/researcher-says-womens-in_b_222746

Even if we took your numbers, how does 2000 shelters for women and 2 for men make sense?

Here’s another

Hmmm…what are the consequences of what I’ve just done…

What kind of consequences are you looking for?

I wouldn’t worry about it.
He’ll forget it after he has his nap.

1 Like

Are we talking about US statistical or U.K.? You talk about US figures and give me U.K. researches.

Also, the US OYS sample…
https://www.oslc.org/projects/oregon-youth-study/

Do you want to talk about Global statistics? I am sure that will be even more depressing to defend on your side. Taking South America, African countries to the equation since it is not confined to the US anymore.

Official statistics (see my post with the the official stats) say that most of the male victims are in the category of not serious injury. So the demand for shelter is much less. As for the death threats, serious beating, continuous offenses women who need shelters receive which are much higher in number.

Though, it is true that it tends to be more difficult for male victims of domestic violence to get required support.

You are correct that women usually on average have worse injuries. But that’s surely not all the story, physical abuses take emotional tolls. I don’t think less then 1% of shelters for men is anywhere matching the needs. But I can’t exactly measure emotional damage.

Numbers show the numbers of perpetrators being pretty equal.

https://www.google.com.tw/amp/s/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.3776182

And it seems many statistics show women as the primary initiators of violence.

If a woman slaps you in the face 3 times and calls your denegrating names do you need a shelter?

If numbers are right for serious injuries or death threats suffered by men, then definetly the acess to shelters for men should increase and be facilitated. But if the total numbers are just for men receiving slaps, women should be sued but no need for shelters in that case. And for small injuries with no physical evidence, women can’t even be believed if they tell anyone. Oh man, even rape sometimes is not believed. If they are not virgin and didn’t go dripping right away to the police station. Young teens are most not believed when they talk about sexual violence abuse by family/parents. Much less shelters. It is not that easy as you think. And if they get sheltered or believed you better know there are physical marks for that and serious threats.

Even if it was something like this: 15 men receiving slaps on the face and 7 women being beaten up 1 almost killed and another 2 receiving death threats having pets killed etc, still no need to men shelter.

Psychological therapy etc is another history. Shelter is a safe place for victims for try to rebuild or even change their lives completely, hide and even wait for trials etc (as witness, victims and so on).

1 Like