Psycho Xiaojies: A warning from history!

Why are you assuming they are getting some slaps?

Because thatā€™s what the official statistics say. Not serious injury. If 100 man are not serious injuried but only 1 woman is almost beaten to death still the greater number loses its face value.

Taking your numbers 1 in 7 men have been victims of severe domestic violence.

I also believe you know that with domestic violence, the actual incident is rarely an isolated act. I donā€™t think itā€™s a realtic way to put one women slaps a man 3 times and calls him names. Thereā€™s usually a lot of belittling, emotional abuse and manipulation, and other things that goes on for both sides. This kind of thing goes on for years. I think we need to try to see whatā€™s going on, it can be hard because some things are hard to measure.

For example, does the statistic that for many of the severe injury done by men to women, women were also the initiator and also participated in violence cause you think rethink what that means? Or are women just the victims because they got the worst of it. I donā€™t think the men are necessary right, but I think itā€™s worth to put in perspective.

isnā€™t it the reason there are much more shelters for women than men?

Sure. But even the statistics given by owleyes said 1in4 women and 1in7 women are victims of severe domestic violence right. Thatā€™s 25% and 15%. Not really close to 2000 shelters for women and 2 for men.

Example of Psycho Xiaojie with support of crowds

https://youtu.be/YjniuUy5PQE

The point Iā€™m making isnā€™t to say 2000 plus shelters are not reasonable for the needs of women or that some of them should become menā€™s shelters. Itā€™s that thereā€™s literally no help for men even if they got past the social stigma of it. I think youā€™ll agree 2 shelters in the entire United States in pretty underwhelming and unlikely to fit the needs of men. I donā€™t think society is fair to men in many regards in not seeing men as possible victims.

The bias in favor of women in family law is an issue.
Made for a time when men were the providers and women the carers and would need the support since they would have little opportunity to earn a living or remarry.

So things went well then?

1 Like