PUB QUIZ - MAY 13TH - AnimalsTawian

Ah yes. That was the music quiz. You are the undefeated champions of music quiz. Anoraks supreme!

ImaniOU’s team are the reigning champions of the general knowledge quiz. The last one was at the Brass Monkey and wasn’t too difficult. ImaniOU’s team managed to get just four wrong.

This one will be a little harder (but not too hard).

There will be eight questions in each round. Two of these eight questions will lead to bonus questions. One bonus question will be an extra-tricky one. The other bonus question will be a list question. You’ll have until the end of the round for your team to write as many answers on the back of your answer sheet (eg, name as many as possible of the UN member states starting with ‘C’). Only the team(s) with the most answers will get the bonus point.

The bonus questions should sort the wheat from the chaff?

Are you wheat or are you chaff? What is chaff? If you don’t know you probably are it.

Brian[/quote]

i is the creme de la wheat…

i’m actually allergic to chaf, break out in a rash or something…

[quote=“ImaniOU”]I think it’s time to retire my quiz team hat. I’ve been a part of the dominating teams in Taipei for three or four years now. Perhaps it’s time to let someone else win. :smiley: I’ll be more than happy to support the cause, but…

Nevermind. I can’t resist trivia quizzes. They’re like Kryptonite.

Hard to Google/ uh, “whatever our other name was the last time we won”, are y’all up for it again?[/quote]

Can I be on your team?

We lost last time. :smiley:

ok guys only 2 weeks to go. :sunglasses:

we’re filling up, so i hope you are swatting up. :smiley:

we have about 10 - 12 tables booked. :notworthy:

It’s going to be a big one.

Remember we are hoping to raise $50K, so if you haven’t got a team together yet, you’ve got 2 weeks to get one ready.

Don’t worry if you don’t have a team, just come on by, i know you’ll have a great time and it’s all for a great cause.

:sunglasses:

Ooh, hey, like – that’s this weekend, isn’t it?

Who’s still looking for a team to join? Maybe you can post here and then contact each other by PM. If you haven’t been to one of these, they’re a LOT of fun, folks! :rainbow: And all for a good cause, too!

i regret to inform i will have to withdraw my team…my erstwhile teammates apparently only “do” music quizzes…very poor i know but what can you do…

We are very excited to host this event at Capone’s. Every Quiz Participant receive a pint of Stella Artois and 10% discount on every drink and meal. Grand Prize of the Quiz is an NT$8000 Capone’s Dinner coupon. We will have a great band peformace after the Quiz. Please support this event and help Taiwan’s animals.

20% of the quiz is music, and there’s a fairly high level of British content actually (that wasn’t deliberate, it jsut turned out that way). So talk your mates back into it. Otherwise come up with a new team quickly. You can’t go around boasting about winning the last quiz and then attempt to sneak away ‘undefeated’ just when you’ve got some real competition :wink:

Nice deal Tvern Captain. Free pint a food discount and a nice hefty prize package. I look forard to trying some of your pizza.

Brian

Some guys ask me about the F1 race and Football at capones. It is not a sports bar at all but we have satellite and will show on a big TV on the bar the Formula1 Spanish Grand Prix from 8-10pm and then the EPL game Manchester United vs. West Ham United from 10pm, however both without sound not to interfere with the Quiz and the Band.

We have now confirmed the Band which is Taiwan’s best blues band BoPoMoFo which will take over the stage once the Quiz is done. Will add some more drink specials, so all in all this will be a super night with a possibility that some will be a bit late for work the next morning.

20% of the quiz is music, and there’s a fairly high level of British content actually (that wasn’t deliberate, it jsut turned out that way). So talk your mates back into it. Otherwise come up with a new team quickly. You can’t go around boasting about winning the last quiz and then attempt to sneak away ‘undefeated’ just when you’ve got some real competition :wink:

Nice deal Tvern Captain. Free pint a food discount and a nice hefty prize package. I look forard to trying some of your pizza.

Brian[/quote]

its shameful i know and i have no defense… :blush: (except to say it’s me mates fault not mine…) i can’t come up with a new team on account of i have no other mates…double :blush:

would an unsolicited donation to Animals Taiwan help?

the bear, just come along. We can put you in a team, no problem. There’s always one group a man short and in need of an intellectual heavyweight like yourself.

This is going to a fantastic one! Bo Po Mo Fo?! Woo hoo! :sunglasses:

I’m going to have such a good time that I think I’ll feel guilty if I don’t pay the entrance fee myself!

Thanks very much for the generous support and for organizing this, taverncaptain. And for getting me on ICRT, live at 8.30 tomorrow morning to promote the event. :bravo: :notworthy:

Oh god, now that you promote that you are on ICRT that could mean that actually somebody is going to listen to the morning show, he he! Good luck!

Yay! It’s tomorrow! :slight_smile:

The bars will be empty tonight while everyone stays at home swotting.

This is an incredibly important event and a showcase of the talent out there. Past winners have gone on to become presidents and kings, and even editors and buxiban teachers.

Can’t wait! See you there! :bravo:

i just went to finalize some details at Capone’s, and shared a delicious lunch with Michel while being serenaded by Bo Po Mo Fo. Very romantic!

The pizza are fantastic (must be the real Italian chef, Giorgio), and I think I just ate the best cheesecake ever. Mmmm …

For those of you wise enough to not be driving there, Capone’s is right at the the No. 2 exit of Sun Yat Sen MRT station.

This is going to be a great one! 14 teams booked already, NT$20,000 in prizes, great food and service, a free Stella, 10 percent off food and drink, a devilishly handsome MC, and Bo Po Mo Fo to finish! Nice! :slight_smile: :bravo:

well tonight is the night.

It’s going to be a great night.

I will be there from 4pm on wards, so make sure you come and sign in with me as you arrive. The earlier you arrive the better table you will get.

see you all tonight.

Fingers crossed our famous MC will be on time :unamused:

Strictly speaking, four of Henry VIII’s marriages ended in annulment, none of them were divorced. The two he had beheaded were annulled just before. Because they were annulled, doesn’t that mean they officially never happened and only 2 of his marriages were legal ?

Does anyone know how to get in touch with the jazz band BOPOMOFO which played last night? I have a few photos of them which they might like to have.

Oh yes, and does anyone know this chick? She might like a photo as well. I have a few more which people might like, though I think I emailed most of them last night.

I’d like to say a big thank you to everyone who came and joined in this great night. :bravo:

I’d like to say a big thank you to Michel for holding this event for us, giving free stella’s to team members, giving the biggest first prize to date of $8000 in coupons for Capones and For rounding up $10,000 in donations from the football team and himself. :notworthy: :notworthy: :bravo:

Also a thank you to Mark of the Gentleman’s club who donated $5000 :notworthy:

And Amanda who won the 50/50 draw and gave it to animalstaiwan. :notworthy:

so with everyone’s generosity we reached our goal.

Last night you raised
$52,800
:smiley: :bravo: :bravo: :notworthy:

Thank you again, and i’m looking forward to the next one.

Lordy lordy! We did it! That’s fantastic!

:bravo: :slight_smile: :notworthy:

Wow. $52,800! For a Mother’s Day event that’s particularly impressive!

Thanks Tavern Captain for the great food and the free drink! Oh, and for having such impeccably trained staff. I haven’t had service that good in quite some time. If y’all haven’t eaten at Capone’s yet, I have to give it a big thumbs up. Good food, a great atmosphere and good service are worth something, you know. :slight_smile: