Public Urination

Although much has been said about this topic, it usually involves guys with white rimmed glasses, bin lang chewers, taxi drivers, perhaps a combination and others of like upbringing. However, today (Sunday am) I was in front of Ceaser Park, across from Main Station. There to all to behold was a girl oif about 12, trou dropped squatting and pissing in front of the pillar at the hotel directly in front of the main entrance.
Jaw dropping. Pop with a younger boy just hanging around waiting for her to finish.
What was really surprising was a Japanese man and a woman showing up in a taxi at the max flow moment. The woman got out and started yelling at the father. Now, I don’t speak Japanese, (hell, I don’t even do well with Chinese,) but you had no problem mistaking her tone and intent.
I felt so sorry for the young girl It was obvious that she was in extreme discomfort with this public display. The hotel lobby was a few feet away and the MRT station is just down a few steps. So why would a father put his daughter in this situation?
I know, culture, and all that but as a father of three girls who have had to pee along the road somewhere, - welll - - - there are places to pee and well, places to pee. This place was on the wrong page in so many ways.
I was simply passing the Ceaser Park so I didn’t see the outcome but my bets are on the Japanese woman and her great ire. Three cheers for a foreigner that has some balls.

That poor girl.
With a parent like that… :astonished:
A complete lack of empathy, coupled with a lazy & inept sense of responsibility.
It oft boggles one’s mind to think that there’s always another, more shocking-than-the-last public display of parental negligence just lurking around, in any direction…
:wall:

Maybe dad hasn’t taken the poor wretch out for like 9 years.

Anyway, Japs getting uppity about public pissing? Pot kettle black, methinks.

HG

The Caesar’s toilets would be my first choice, and the friendly guys at the gym next door should allow a girl to use their toilets too.

What an idiot. There’s a perfectly good public restroom at the bottom of the stairs at the MRT entrance at the corner of Zhongxiao W. Rd. and Nanyang St.

Maybe the father’s a perv.

Idiot father … problably thinks he is still living in farming community …
Anyways, that said … yesterday as I was shooting the dragonboat races I had to go down some stairs to the river below and to my surprise there was this old guy hanging out his wiener and urinating on the stairs … he didn’t even stop peeing and putting the thing back as I stood next to him, he probably wanted me to go down the stairs as he was urinating, drizzling all over my shoes and pants … man, was I furiated, I gave him the full load of dirty words I had for him …

Last month on a saturday I was at the large night market in Zuoying. Right in front of all the food stalls a lady was coaching her son to pee in the sewer as everyone was trying to squeezing by on the side walk.

I can’t think of a near by public toilet, but why a packed street.

Came home the other day to find my neighbors visiting friend strolling across the street towards my house just as I was putting my key into the front gate of my house. He stopped about five feet away from me and proceeded to unzip and pee in the gutter which runs along the front of my house. The entire time it took me to get my door unlocked, he was saying hello and talking to me as though absolutely nothing was amiss. I made an extremely quick entrance into my yard, all the while trying to ignore him. That evening, I asked my neighbor why he didn’t tell his friend to use his washroom rather than the street. His response: “I didn’t want him going through my house”.

Okay… :unamused:

Yeah, when we had a house in Chiayi County, our next door neighbours would often go across the street to piss on the neighbours’ wall. But then, they also slaughtered chickens on our own front stoop, so I shouldn’t have been surprised, I guess. Let’s just say that our place in Hsinchu lacks that “salt of the earth” quality, but not in a bad way. :slight_smile: I’m never going back!

Once, under cover of semi-darkness, I even got out the supersoaker, went to the top floor and fired a few shots. I think it caused him to wet himself, but he still wore the same clothes the next day. Nice!

Spontaneous public defecation, not ok. Paid public sexual play, ok. Why don’t people understand this simple rule?

Good rule!!! But I would delete the “paid” part.

Public urination’s nothing. A few years ago I lived in a rooftop apartment that was accessed by a narrow back stairway that no one but me used, and upon exiting the door at the foot of the stairs one had to walk about three meters through a narrow corridor out to the alley.

Well, one day I came home to find someone – surely a taxi driver – had taken an enormous dump in the center of that corridor, 3 feet from the door, so every time I came and went I’d have to jump over the damn thing, cussing and swearing, until finally I got a stick and flicked the stinking pile down the corridor and the rains thankfully arrived and washed the pavement clean. :sick:

Sorry about that, but you know, when you gotta go . . . :blush:

Hg

[quote=“Belgian Pie”]Idiot father … problably thinks he is still living in farming community …
[/quote]

He was from Taichung. So…yeah, he is.

BroonAgriculture

[quote=“Mother Theresa”]Public urination’s nothing. A few years ago I lived in a rooftop apartment that was accessed by a narrow back stairway that no one but me used, and upon exiting the door at the foot of the stairs one had to walk about three meters through a narrow corridor out to the alley.

Well, one day I came home to find someone – surely a taxi driver – had taken an enormous dump in the center of that corridor, 3 feet from the door, so every time I came and went I’d have to jump over the damn thing, cussing and swearing, until finally I got a stick and flicked the stinking pile down the corridor and the rains thankfully arrived and washed the pavement clean. :sick:[/quote]
Perhaps it was just an opinion being expressed by one of your associates?

Ha! You finally found it. Looks like I did actually get the right address: I was a bit worried that I may have laid a cable in the wrong apartment building.

I don’t agree with public urination but then most of the time, outside of Taipei, there are few public restrooms. So it’s no surprise people get into the habit of pissing wherever.I do it myself sometimes.
Maybe 7-11 Jen Hao should give everyone free hospital urinals to carry around. I could just see everyone having these hanging from the backs of their scooters and all school kids with one around their necks…Hello Kitty and Dolaimo logos all over it no doubt.

Something like this for example, could be a good seller!

Shot at 2007-07-01