Published Forumosan folk

Ok, at the risk of outing yourself, perhaps you don’t mind being outed…

I am curious as to how many Forumosan’s are published authors.

If you don’t mind, could you provide a link to your books?

I am not in your ranks… yet :beatnik:

I’m one, though only in Chinese so far.

books only - or journal articles and the like?

(more chances of me publishing in a journal in the short-term than to find time to pen a story etc.)

Well

At the risk at outing myself…

The Joy of Reading - www.teachingchildren.com

Alligators to Zebras- either on www.brilliantpublications.co.uk
The Blends Book - also at above websites - blends activities

Lets Learn Letters - early childhood version of alligators to zebras

What a Relief - at www.userfr.com - unit plans for relief teachers

Legendary Art- coming out in July -arts based activites based on legends around the world

Another one coming out with caves later this year - on craft and creative activites to do with beginner readers

And a few more due out later this year in NZ and Aust

Thats all :slight_smile:
(Most of my work is now in magazines :slight_smile: )

R

Nine textbooks.
Hope to publish some ‘real’ books in future~! :laughing:

[quote=“rubykate”]The Blends Book - also at above websites - blends activities

[/quote]

The blends book looks interesting. Is it available elsewhere?

well you could get it direct from me - for a good discount :slight_smile:

I’ve done a few.

Done some magazine stuff in English, and some of that was translated into Chinese, that count?

Links would be great if you don’t mind. Anything counts if you can link to it.

Wait…

Blogs and personal websites do not count.
Letters to the editor do not count.
Transcripts of court appearances do not count.
Articles about you do not count.

I want links to jd’s stuff :slight_smile:

First off let me thank Ruby Kate again for her help awhile back when I was trying to decide whether to self publish my wife and Is Chinese martial arts book or submit to the beating which constitutes signing a contract with a big-name American publisher. Ruby Kate got me set up with a forum where I could commiserate with others. So thanks for that.

As to the question, my books are:
Witness Examination Skills (published in Chinese,證人詢問的技巧) Angle Publishers, 2002
Legal Ethics: An American Perspective (will be published by Cite Publishers in about two months—I hope, I need the money!)
A Historical Survey of Chinese Martial Arts Training Manuals (will be published by North Atlantic Books in August; this is co-authored with my wife.)

Plus the Taiwan Bar Journal(全國律師雜誌)Where I have, since 1999, done a monthly column. The first couple of years were about various witness examination issues and then the last couple of years the column has been on legal ethics.

My wife and I also do an article for each quarterly issue of Classical Fighting Arts magazine. The articles cover some aspect of Chinese martial arts history.

My one and only scholarly venue is the American Journal of Chinese studies where I have had pieces on Taiwans criminal justice system and will have (in their next issue) a piece on the legislative elections.

Over the years too I have done pieces for Taiwan Review, Topics Magazine, Discover Taipei and last and certainly least, I wrote commentaries for about two years for the newspaper that shows the worst of Taiwan and the Taiwanese-the Taipei Times.

Take care,
Brian

No books yet, but lots of articles in legal trade journals such as Patent World, Trademark World, World IP Report, Asian IP, Asian Counsel, International Tech Law Review, etc.

Some day I’d like to write a trashy best seller with no literary merit that sells millions of copies (using a pseudonym of course).

Oh MT, Me too! :smiley:

But probably under a pseudonym!

[quote=“Mother Theresa”]No books yet, but lots of articles in legal trade journals such as Patent World, Trademark World, World IP Report, Asian IP, Asian Counsel, International Tech Law Review, etc.

Some day I’d like to write a trashy best seller with no literary merit that sells millions of copies (using a pseudonym of course).[/quote]

Can I be in it? :sunglasses: I can be trashy! (using a pseudonym of course).

So would I. I guess I don’t take myself too seriously though. I don’t know them off hand.

I can be googled though…if the search parameters are well defined. :slight_smile:

By accident today I found out that my wife and I