Puli --> Wuling Climb Tips

[quote=“scomargo”]Early September is almost over. Are you going this weekend? Is it going to be organized on your own, or part of an event? I went on my own in late August of last year, and my thread about it is here.

I’m not sure how helpful that thread will be. I had gorgeous weather the two times I went to Wuling last year. I made sure I only went when the weather was forecast to be nice, but I’m not sure if you have that option.

Edit: Now I see that there’s an event on 9/12.
solomo.xinmedia.com/bike/events/detail/2035
Just watch out for those people who swerve a lot when riding uphill. I know I’m guilty of that when I know that there’s nobody around, but some people do it even when there’s plenty of others around, such as in this event.[/quote]

You saw right through me, Scott. I made the opening post in a rush, so I forgot to mention I will be participating in the event this weekend. Already starting to get a little nervous since I know it’s one of the toughest routes around Taiwan.

I just read your thread and everything on there is super helpful…so, sorry for not searching the sub-thread first and posting!

My plan is to just keep on spinning, stay out of the red and stopping at every rest stop to fill up on water and eat. I will probably bring a wind breaker/rain jacket in my jersey pocket and start off with arm/leg warmers as well as a base layer. Do not feel like stopping on the side of the road and put on leg warmers to very sticky and sweaty legs.

I am hoping my overheating issue won’t come into play since the temperature should be cool after a certain elevation. I just checked the CWB and it does not have forecasts for this weekend yet, however, this entire week’s forecast is low precipitation and clear skies with a high of 20C and low of 15C. Hopefully it stays this way. Fingers crossed.