Put 0bama in your pocket

[color=#0000BF]Introducing ‘Pocket Obama’: Must-have Anthology of Obama Quotes[/color]

[quote]Just in case you can’t get through a day without some refreshing and uplifting words from the new president, the History Company has created the [color=#FF0000]“Pocket Obama.”[/color]

This is [color=#FF0000]a tiny, pocket-sized book filled with “quotations borrowed from Barack Obama’s speeches and writings.”[/color]

According to its creators, “It is an unofficial requirement for every citizen to own, to read, and to carry this book at all times.”[/quote]

How many 0bamaistas on Forumosa will be carrying one of these to flash for fellow comrades?

Ai-yo - a real Obamaista would have his quotations memorized, comrade. Off to re-education camp for you! :laughing:

You can get entire books filled with Bushisms.

Irrational hatred

[quote]irrational, compulsive, and totally divorced from anything outside of the ideological system itself.
[/quote]

How apt.

[quote=“Mawvellous”]Irrational hatred[quote]irrational, compulsive, and totally divorced from anything outside of the ideological system itself.
[/quote]How apt.[/quote]
How cute. Isolate, ridicule and minimize. Thats close enough to Alinskys rules for the internet.
However here’s a better one:
Not backing down to wimpy attempts at intimidation.
Its a USA thing. Freedom an all that.
You Brits never quite got the hang of it.

“Got the hang of it”…that a USA slang expression… :cactus:

TC, you bother us with your constant harping on The One. I believe your discontent stems from your faith and dedication to Rush Limbaugh and the various lies and hatred he spreads. I suggest you get with the program of making the US more like the rest of the world and not a “City on the Hill” that it has been described by in the past. As soon as all Americans have govt provided health care we can go about getting you properly psychologically tested and helped. We’ll have to find a proper symbol akin to an inverted pink triangle place on your left breast so that all may know your disability and take appropriate measures.

Why would we need a book when all of The One’s utterances are on youtube the unofficial channel for his speeches and appeals to the public akin to FDR’s radio fireside chats during the Great Depression. The book is obviously some capitalists ploy to cash in on The One’s popularity when all know that a true book by The One would be read aloud in a youtube clip for our post literate world.

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]
How cute. Isolate, ridicule and minimize. Thats close enough to Alinskys rules for the internet.
However here’s a better one:
Not backing down to wimpy attempts at intimidation.
Its a USA thing. Freedom an all that.
You Brits never quite got the hang of it.[/quote]

Are you playing the victim card again?

In all seriousness it was of course not an attempt at intimidation. I am just curious why the left’s hatred of Bush is unfathomable and irrational, but the right’s hatred of Obama is not.

I think for some people on the right his race and background is an issue, which is why they seek to deny his very “Americanness”. I notice many of your attacks on him reflect this.

Didn’t we invent that one? It is our language after all…

After all the years of ceaseless whining about how criticism of George Bush was personal animosity devoid of any substance you’d think there would at least be a token effort to avoid turning into a blatant parody of that complaint once the tables were turned.

How much are they?
Is someone raking it in? Are they hiring?
And what is this mysterious entity, The History Company?
Do they have a catalogue?
:marge:

That sentence alone reassures me that the capitalist spirit isn’t dead in America. No matter what happens, make a book or a movie about it to get rich! :wink:

A compilation of select Presidents Bush statements might make objectionable reading for some…

[quote]When you turn your heart and your life over to Christ, when you accept Christ as the savior, it changes your heart. George W. Bush

After the chaos and carnage of September 11th, it is not enough to serve our enemies with legal papers. George W. Bush

America is a friend to the people of Iraq. Our demands are directed only at the regime that enslaves them and threatens us. When these demands are met, the first and greatest benefit will come to Iraqi men, women and children. George W. Bush

America is a Nation with a mission - and that mission comes from our most basic beliefs. We have no desire to dominate, no ambitions of empire. Our aim is a democratic peace - a peace founded upon the dignity and rights of every man and woman. George W. Bush

America must not ignore the threat gathering against us. Facing clear evidence of peril, we cannot wait for the final proof, the smoking gun that could come in the form of a mushroom cloud. George W. Bush

America will never seek a permission slip to defend the security of our people. George W. Bush

Americans are rising to the tasks of history, and they expect the same of us. George W. Bush

Any government that supports, protects or harbours terrorists is complicit in the murder of the innocent and equally guilty of terrorist crimes. George W. Bush

Bring them on. George W. Bush

Do I think faith will be an important part of being a good president? Yes, I do. George W. Bush

Every nation in every region now has a decision to make. Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists. George W. Bush

Everywhere that freedom stirs, let tyrants fear. George W. Bush

Faith crosses every border and touches every heart in every nation. George W. Bush

For all who love freedom and peace, the world without Saddam Hussein’s regime is a better and safer place. George W. Bush

For diplomacy to be effective, words must be credible - and no one can now doubt the word of America. George W. Bush

Free nations are peaceful nations. Free nations don’t attack each other. Free nations don’t develop weapons of mass destruction. George W. Bush

Freedom itself was attacked this morning by a faceless coward, and freedom will be defended. George W. Bush

Great tragedy has come to us, and we are meeting it with the best that is in our country, with courage and concern for others because this is America. This is who we are. George W. Bush

Hundreds of thousands of American servicemen and women are deployed across the world in the war on terror. By bringing hope to the oppressed, and delivering justice to the violent, they are making America more secure. George W. Bush

I believe a marriage is between a man and a woman. George W. Bush

I believe in the transformational power of liberty. I believe that the free Iraq is in this nation’s interests. I believe a free Afghanistan is in this nation’s interest. George W. Bush

I believe that God has planted in every heart the desire to live in freedom. George W. Bush

I believe the most solemn duty of the American president is to protect the American people. If America shows uncertainty and weakness in this decade, the world will drift toward tragedy. This will not happen on my watch. George W. Bush

I can hear you, the rest of the world can hear you and the people who knocked these buildings down will hear all of us soon. George W. Bush

I have a different vision of leadership. A leadership is someone who brings people together. George W. Bush

I sent American troops to Iraq to make its people free, not to make them American. Iraqis will write their own history and find their own way. George W. Bush

I think you can judge from somebody’s actions a kind of a stability and sense of purpose perhaps created by strong religious roots. I mean, there’s a certain patience, a certain discipline, I think, that religion helps you achieve. George W. Bush

I understand everybody in this country doesn’t agree with the decisions I’ve made. And I made some tough decisions. But people know where I stand. George W. Bush

I want to thank you for taking time out of your day to come and witness my hanging. George W. Bush

I will never relent in defending America - whatever it takes. George W. Bush[/quote]

*a list compiled by another person.

I highly recommend ixQuick as a search engine. Not censored as is Google and it protects your privacy, unlike Google.

You’re right, that is objectionable. And creepy.

“It’s clearly a budget. It’s got a lot of numbers in it.”
– George Bush

I can’t imagine why anybody would listen to anything George Bush has to say since his leadership has plunged the U.S. into the worst economic crisis since the Great Depression.

George W. Bush, pathetic excuses cannot bring about freedom.

A compilation of select Presidents Bush statements might make objectionable reading for some…

When you turn your heart and your life over to Christ, when you accept Christ as the savior, it changes your heart. George W. Bush[/quote]
Bush would have made a good religious leader. He didn’t make a good leader of the US.

However, it is enough to let Bin Laden escape, to divert your attention to a country without WMDs.

These demands weren’t met by the regime, therefore this was a vapid statement.

War Hawk Bush says fighting wars ends war. Truth is, fighting wars means you fight wars.

WMDs.

America’s former president thought he could just learn how to lead a country. Not an apt metaphor.

People gave up expecting from George W.

The word terrorist had so many meanings for Bush, it could be spun many ways.

Doesn’t take a brave man to utter useless words.

Do you seriously believe George W. Bush was a good president?

Only a handful of nations actually signed up on Bush’s military spending spree, yet the countries that were neutral were not actually with the terrorists. Empty rhetoric.

George W., you’re tyrant no longer.

“I appreciate the number of foreign dignitaries who are here. It just goes to show that faith crosses every border and touches every heart in every nation.”
Why weren’t any Iranians invited, nor Cubans, nor North Koreans? This quote sounds better than the truth.

A kangaroo court can set the world free! Flipflop on the legal papers (See second quote above).

Nobody believes the credibility of the administration of George W. on the other hand.

On the other hand, the US still invests heavily in developing WMDs such as nuclear weapons. Who here doubts that the US is a free nation?

Seven years after 911, people figured out that for all the inspirational words, G. W. didn’t know what he was doing.

The best for military contractors led by the vice-president.

Or are they? This is debatable.

True inspirational words from a president who didn’t say the word “gay” in eight years of office.

Free means the wars cost a lot of money.

A desire for freedom punctuated by a dismissal of the Republicans.

Tragedy and a drift toward tragedy did happen on George W. Bush’s watch, however. These speech makers should be more careful.

They will hear, and Bin Laden will still be a free man eight years later.

Bush’s grammar is atrocious. How did he get through university?

He flip-flopped once the WMDs weren’t there.

If patience is the freedom to continue along the path of wrong governance, even a public support continued to wane, then George W. Bush was full of patience.

Everyone knows where you stood, Mr. Flipflop Bush. You stood in the way of progress.

True inspiration. Unfortunately the hanging never took place.

Except of course that in fact George W. didn’t defend anything… he allowed the US military to invade other countries, on the other hand.

[quote]
*a list compiled by another person.

I highly recommend ixQuick as a search engine. Not censored as is Google and it protects your privacy, unlike Google.[/quote]

I could recommend not posting idiotic quotation from a presidential has-been, but I’d be kind of hypocritical because I just reposted some idiotic.

How predictable coming from TC. sounding more and more like a bot.

Here’s some more Bushisms: