Putting things into perspective

Sometimes it helps to see your place in the scheme of things…

nugeboard.tednugent.com/ubb/Foru … 60685.html

the name Betelgeuse scares me…

don’t know why…

but thanks for posting this TC, I feel I have learned something new :wink:

[quote]Packrat
Member posted 07-13-2006 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Packrat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Wheres the one that represents the national debt?[/quote]

:bravo: :bravo: :notworthy: :notworthy:

I highly suggest downloading Celestia if you want to try and get your mind around the size of the Milky Way (and see how the sun looks like just another ordinary star when viewed from Pluto’s surface). I can spend hours flying around the known universe and setting up eclipses on different planets and trying to align the planets by speeding through time faster than the speed of light.

Talk about perspective - I can see Taiwan! And if I squint, I can almost see myself typing on forumosa about seeing myself typing forumosa about seeing myself typing on forumosa…

[quote=“ImaniOU”]I highly suggest downloading Celestia if you want to try and get your mind around the size of the Milky Way (and see how the sun looks like just another ordinary star when viewed from Pluto’s surface). I can spend hours flying around the known universe and setting up eclipses on different planets and trying to align the planets by speeding through time faster than the speed of light.

Talk about perspective - I can see Taiwan! And if I squint, I can almost see myself typing on forumosa about seeing myself typing forumosa about seeing myself typing on forumosa…[/quote]

I downloaded it but it runs soooooo slow.

My video card sucks (as in it’s so old, updating the latest driver makes my whole system crash), but it runs very well on my computer. Not sure why it is slow on some computers. But the planets look stunning even though all the stars look exactly the same except some are yellowish, reddish, or bluish with the same sunspots. And you can see hypothetical extrasolar planets. As I said, I can spend a whole night traversing the galaxy, watch the sunrise over my hometown, and orbit a few moons. Good fun.

[quote=“ImaniOU”]

Talk about perspective - I can see Taiwan! And if I squint, I can almost see myself typing on forumosa about seeing myself typing forumosa about seeing myself typing on forumosa…[/quote]

:astonished: shame on you and your racist views :frowning:

:blush: :smiley: :blush: :smiley:

That wasn’t racism, Jimmy. That was 100% pure egotism. Get my neuroses right or pay the price.

:smiley:

It’s all about the 'mani.

who’s jimmy anyway?