Putting together a bike in Tainan

I am an avid cyclist and I am looking to build a bike sourcing some of the parts from china and would like to buy a groupset from a store in tainan and have them build up the bike.

time rxrs frameset from cyclingyong for 850US.
50mm carbon clinchers from dengfu 500US.

where should I get the groupset? It appears that the factory giant stores wont sell full groupsets. Im looking for 8 piece ultegra 6700 or 6800. Online it runs about 715US to 825US. Only store I found sold a 6 piece ultegra 6700 for 1067US. Quite a lot more.

If anybody knows of a store that will sell an 8 piece ultegra for 1000US and install it that would be great or provide me with more information about the tainan cycling shops and scene that would be great.

Fyi: bike in the states is a specialized tarmac pro with some zipps. Looking to get something on part with that for under 3k US 90000NT. Thanks.

[quote=“protoprismatic”]I am an avid cyclist and I am looking to build a bike sourcing some of the parts from china and would like to buy a groupset from a store in Tainan and have them build up the bike.

time rxrs frameset from cyclingyong for 850US.
50mm carbon clinchers from dengfu 500US.

where should I get the groupset? It appears that the factory giant stores wont sell full groupsets. Im looking for 8 piece ultegra 6700 or 6800. Online it runs about 715US to 825US. Only store I found sold a 6 piece ultegra 6700 for 1067US. Quite a lot more.

If anybody knows of a store that will sell an 8 piece ultegra for 1000US and install it that would be great or provide me with more information about the Tainan cycling shops and scene that would be great.

Fyi: bike in the states is a specialized tarmac pro with some zipps. Looking to get something on part with that for under 3k US 90000NT. Thanks.[/quote]

Strange. I’m looking to go ten speed on my Giant TCX and the Giant shops have been the cheapest bids so far. They’ve been quoting me in the 15,000-16,000 range for a 5700 groupset minus the brakes, which is comparable to some of the cheaper online sites. Free install too. Perhaps they only offer them to Giant customers? Now you can see why Giant is so popular here. If you are not a Comrade, then you don’t get Party benefits and life can be rather difficult…

Anyway, maybe you can try 185 Warehouse in Taichung. They are reputedly one of the cheapest sources for groups in Taiwan.

Don’t know much about the Tainan scene other than there is an assload of awesome county roads down there.

There are some great deals on ebay. Pay a local dealer to put it together for you.

There are good deals on ruten or yahoo sometimes as well. How much would you expect an install to cost? If it is cheap enough, I might go that route myself. :ponder:

Yes, those other sites are good too, but I always seem to best get what I want on ebay.

I think you could canvas the mechanics of your local bike shops. Ask them if they will do it cash-in hand or off the books or whatever. Labour is so cheap here. I bet you could get it done for a thousand or two. Less/free if you did the easy bits yourself. A mechanic replaced my crank with one I got online from a dude in Kaoshuing via ebay. I say via ebay since I saw his ad on ebay but then called him up personally top make the deal and avoided a substantial delivery charge. There must be a mechanic you know better than others. Take him in a 6 pack on a quiet day and ask if he can spare some time.

This ebay seller http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/michellebikeshop/m.html (Tony) sold me a Shimano Compact crank at a very reasonable price. Top guy, great English, prompt and friendly service. I can PM ppl here his cell number or u can just message him on ebay.

OP this good?>http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2013-Shimano-Ultegra-6700-10-Speed-53T-39T-Group-Set-Ice-Grey-/251198726649?pt=Cycling_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a7c9c61f9