🇶🇦 Qatar - Transit warning for women

Really awful news, females passengers told remove underwear for a search. Anyone travelling to EU consider your transit points carefully.

3 Likes

Wtf, why was this done to locate who the mother is?

Yes seems so, seems they do as they want (police).

I’ll never fly on Qatar Air or through that region. I’d like to see an international boycott of the airline and airport. I bet the women were terrified. I read one lady had two children with her on the flight who remained on the plane as she was taken away. I’m not sure what I would do in that case. Touching someone inappropriately without their consent is sexual assault. Could you refuse and ask to speak to someone from your embassy?

4 Likes

Probably, but of course then you’d miss your flight, and I don’t think that type of scenario is standard with travel insurance. :cactus:

1 Like

I’m not sure if I’d care about the money at that point. I can’t imagine being an innocent person who had to allow someone to do an internal exam to get on my flight.
I can see being so afraid of being trapped in Qatar, that’d I’d cooperate to get on the plane.

2 Likes

Apparently there were 10 flights affected, various destinations. Not good for Qatar to treat people like that.

1 Like

In the 21st century the scientific and modern method is to take DNA samples of hair or saliva from all female passengers from aged 16 to 50 to ascertain the biological mother of the newly born baby that was found in the toilet. The mama can’t deny the DNA test result!

1 Like

Even taking everyone’s DNA does seems not right, it’s like something that is done in China or Hong Kong, doubtful they do this the KHH airport.

More details in news…a baby girl wrapped in plastic and placed under garbage in a bin. How heartless!

Check all vaginas in vicinity!

Gross. On all fronts. Just gross :frowning:
Always worth remembering the human species is just that, a species of animal. none of us are above that reality.

Even the non-humans among us are also species of one kingdom or another. :rainbow:

They (Qatar) trying damage control PR now, but still comes down a history of poor human rights for non locals that is slow to change.

1 Like