Quarantine at home possible for couples?

Hello,

My wife and I are hoping to move to Taiwan under the Gold Card scheme.

I’ve read through the entry requirements for Taiwan, but I’m still a little unclear about whether home quarantine is possible and under what conditions for a couple. I’m fine renting a serviced apartment, but I’d desperately like to avoid the shoebox hotels, especially given they still split up couples into individual rooms.

Is a single apartment with two rooms and two bathrooms sufficient or nay? I’m not sure if we’d be able to find an apartment with two en-suite bathrooms.

Thanks!

R & P

1 Like

My understanding is that if the couple was traveling together they can quarantine together. This may only apply to married couples, though? First 7 days are at a hotel, next 7 are at home, currently. Some hotels are allowing couples to quarantine together and some are not. The home quarantine portion should be fine to do together regardless. You’ll want to confirm all of this, though, as it has changed a few times.

1 Like

That should be possible. There are some hotels with larger rooms.

There are also adjoining rooms, which some hotels actually require for couples quarantining together. Of course, that means you’re paying twice as much. There are some with suites, too.

The “one person one room” requirement is poorly translated. It’s one household per room (which must have a bathroom). You can have a married couple + kids all in one tiny room, as long as that room has a bathroom. For a whole apartment, it doesn’t matter as long as it has a bathroom.

2 Likes

That is correct, as long as that household traveled together. If you’re returning to a home with household members who did not travel with you, you’re supposed to have your own room and bathroom, I believe.

Call 1922 once the rules become official to get an definitive answer.