😷 COVID - Covid Quarantine Regulations

It’s a vaccine, not an antidote. It doesn’t work the way they do in zombie movies.

1 Like

Right now it does not look good, does it? If Taiwan goes back to Zero, then they will keep up the quarantine I guess also for vaccinated.

If they cannot contain it - then because of fear - they will not drop it either. I feel like Europe will curb the spread in the next 5-6 weeks (it will increase for 3-4 more weeks) - then hope maybe once Taiwan hits 50% double vaccinated they will open up the borders to vaccinated travelers.

1 Like

Whole situation sucks. December will be 2 years I haven’t seen any family and I am thinking I will make it to 3 years minimum now.

you can leave…and come back if you’re a resident.

Have you seen the pictures of those hotels? I wouldn’t mind if I spend two weeks in those fancy hotels :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I also believe that Taiwan is going to maintain the quarantine rules for a while, but the truth is that Taiwan will eventually have to open up at some point. I just don’t know when that might be, you might see it relaxed next year.

You can travel out and come back. I arrived in Europe two weeks ago and flying back to Taiwan mid August.

All evidence says that vaccinated carriers are extremely rare.

I’m guessing September.

Once you have 60% of the population with one dose its safe to re-open to vaccinated passengers.

Realistically, a vaccinated pax bringing a covid test and getting tested on arrival has such a small chance of being a carrier that they are more likely to get hit by a scooter after leaving the airport.

I think this is a very overly optimistic estimate. reaching 60% with one dose does nothing. Have you seen what is happening in England? they have like 50% vaccinated with a double dose, which means FULLY. Look at the case explosion…

Look at Israel now, they require 14day quarantine for arrivals after achieving 60% vaccination. I think Taiwan stays closed for a LOT longer.

1 Like

I’m spending $6500 for tiny 3-star shitty hotel rooms because my fully vaccinated wife and I aren’t allowed to quarantine together. Rather than put us and my kids in our detached house where we would not even be near anyone else, they’ve decided to put us in a higher risk situation and sacrifice my kids physical and psychological well being. It’s beyond stupid.

6 Likes

And not in serious danger either to themselves or others. But the science and data have long ago been sacrificed to the gods of our fear mongering leaders.

2 Likes

6500 a Day? I’ve seen fancy rooms with only 1000/day.

You need to look at this from the gov’s angle. You might stay at home, but what about others? It’s more manageable to just lock people together so they’d be sure that everyone follows the rules.

My husband will stay in the US because of this policy. I have to get back to work.
If we could quarantine together, we’d both come back.

No way you can find a decent room for 1000. I need windows for my prison cell or I’ll go nuts.
The Zhongshan Amba is costing me 4600 a night.

Even with the newest mutations? I’ve seen news saying that the vaccines are as protective when it comes the delta mutation.

Oops I remembered it wrong . It’s the reimbursement that’s 1000. But I swear I’ve seen 1000/night hotels… probably in nantou or something.

But there’s still plenty cheaper hotels with windows at about 1500/night. Unless they’re all booked.

Many of the hotels on the government list are disgusting. It was time consuming, but I did check all of them. Most are booked until September. There are also sites advertising cheap prices for rooms that are not available.

2 Likes

Amba is a good property. I think it’s worth paying a little more money to be a little less miserable.

Guy

I think my sanity is worth it. I am working online so I’ll be busy. I did get a list of rules including that we cannot order food from restaurants to protect everyone from the virus. I don’t see what the difference is between food prepared by Amba or Uber eats. They both require humans. Amba is using the hostage situation to boost room service revenue.
Hopefully I can order some salad stuff, raw fruit and veg from Carrefour as I don’t typically eat the rice lunchbox. I’m going to find out! :slight_smile:
I’ve packed some essentials like coffee, hot sauce, seasonings, tuna packs, peanut butter, crackers, etc.

3 Likes