😷 COVID - Covid Quarantine Regulations

The quarantine hotel I stayed in (twice) in Kaohsiung does not charge anything until check-out.

I would email the hotel directly. For the three times (yes, three) I’ve had to book a quarantine hotel, I used this link below to see Taipei room availability and pictures of the rooms on their main site. Then I emailed the hotel’s reservation desk directly.

When you will be charged depends on the hotel. For example, if I remember correctly, the last hotel I stayed at (amba Songshan) charged my card on Day 7 and 14. The hotel I’m going to stay at next (Yusense) charged the first night as deposit already and will charge the remaining balance the day before arrival.

1 Like

question. when will Taiwan’s CDC bring down the hammer on NO quarantine for those fully vaccinated? Its annoying when u have to be quarantined.

I wouldn’t hold your breath, given that vaccinated people can reportedly still transmit. Maybe in 2023, if we’re lucky?

4 Likes

Right now…unlikely. Only recent exceptions are for TW Olympic athletes/staff that don’t have to quarantine coming back from Tokyo.

2 Likes

Not the topic for this thread. Mainly being discussed over here:

Only when a sufficient proportion of the population is fully vaccinated will it be safe to end quarantines. I’d like to see fully vaccinated people allowed to quarantine at home or be given free quarantine hotel accommodation.

2 Likes

One problem with those articles proclaiming that the vaccinated can still spread the virus (true) is that they often omit or de-emphasize the fact that fully vaccinated people don’t spread the virus nearly as much as unvaccinated people do.

3 Likes

Am I the only one who thinks this exemption is nuts?

Guy

4 Likes

But not as much doesn’t mean 0. It only takes one person to transmit just enough before it multiplies through super aged and unvaccinated Taiwan.

1 Like

Nope. I thought that when I read it earlier too. You would assume they’d test them all at least, but who knows…?

1 Like

The Olympics looks like a Delta petri dish to me.

If Delta breaks through again because of this counterintuitive quarantine exemption . . . . :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Guy

1 Like

Covid is surging in Tokyo this past week or two…as for how separated the athletes and staff are from the general Tokyo population…I have no idea.

The returning TW Olympic athletes and staff do have to go though an enhanced version of self-health monitoring though, but I’m not aware of what that entails.

I pray to God that this arrangement actually works.

Guy

Found an article from TaiwanNews (only English article I could find).

It appears only athletes will be exempt…not the coaches or staff.
The coaches are presumably in close contact with the athletes through ought the Olympics are they not? Anyways here’s what info they have about the rules for them coming back.

The only exceptions are Taiwanese athletes returning from the Tokyo Olympics. No quarantine is required for fully vaccinated Olympians who have received their second shot at least 14 days before arriving, though they are subject to “reinforced” self-health monitoring for two weeks.

This means the athletes will be staying at COVID hotels for one week, receive a PCR test, and afterward be able to choose where they spend the rest of their health monitoring period, according to the Sports Administration.

So seems to be essentially a 1 week hotel quarantine.

3 Likes

It’s madness that full vaccinations weren’t required for all involved with the Olympics. Olympic Village should be 100% vaccinated.

1 Like

But if vaccinated people can still get infected, and vaccinated people can still pass it on… What is your end game?

I think at some point Taiwan will need to accept it’s gonna happen.

The end game is when it’s not a big deal because most of the population is immune from the vaccinations.

When people are either asymptomatic or mildly symptomatic.

When this is nothing more than a mild cold.

5 Likes

That’s basically what had happened until Delta came along. With every mutation, it kicks off again :weary:

Delta is more infectious. But the vaccines seem to be effective against it. Not as much as the others, but… it helps.

When countries are only having double digit infections, that’s when the vaccine will turn it from a wolf to a benign puppy. There won’t be opportunities for it to mutate as fast.

4 Likes