Quarantine with Family

Hi All,
My family and I are moving to Taiwan in June. My husband and 3 kids have Taiwanese Passports without Household Registration. Would they be considered nationals and if so can we stay at a friends empty house for our quarantine? Can the 5 of us quarantine together or do we need to split up? I have gotten different information so I am unsure as to what the current rules are. My kids are 10,12 & 14. Also I read something about kids over 12 needing their own cell phone and SIM card. My kids don’t have phones right now. Do I have to get them one for the quarantine?
Thanks!

We are a family of 4 and quarantined together in an apartment in New Taipei City. We rented the apartment for 1 month. No issues. Our kids are under 12, so no idea on the cell phone. Maybe you could bring along a couple of old ones and purchase a SIM card at the airport if needed?

Be sure when your person calls to check up on you you arrange for trash pickup (in our case, they came weekly).

Also, if you plan to get grocery delivery, we ran into problems using any of our US credit cards for this. We could order from restaurants through Food Panda and Uber Eats using US credit cards, but we could not order from any grocery stores. We also couldn’t order from Carrefour’s online store using our US credit cards. We ended up using our in-laws’ Taiwanese credit card for a couple of Carrefour grocery deliveries.

Rent a house with garden and pool for the quarantine.
More fun for the kids.

Thanks for your response! Can I ask what month you did the quarantine?

Am I allowed to rent a house I though they are making everyone quarantine at the hotels. Is that not true?

Yes you are allowed to.

We arrived Jan 10. Quarantined Jan 10-25.

Note that you are unlikely to find an apartment to rent for a month in Taipei City, but you can probably find one in New Taipei City or Taoyuan. Feel free to PM me if you’d like info on where we stayed. It was lovely and spacious. Only issue was mosquitoes, but there are ways to mitigate that.

where are you from? If from UK and Philippines, you should go to a government quarantine place. Nationality doesn’t matter. iirc and the rules are not changed.

If not, if the empty house has a room and a bathroom for each pers, you can do quarantine there. I’m not sure if 10 and 12 yo can share a room with an adult.