Quentin Tarantino publicly challenged by feminist journalist

Representation in film is important, but at what point are artistic visions and creative freedom compromised by angry malcontents with small-minded PC agendas? This question is awful, and QT and Robbie handled it the best they could. Also, it’s a failure on journalism’s part as well… QT didn’t “lash out” as described by the header. He calmly rebuffed the premise of the question.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nyErR1FS1_0

2 Likes

“lashes out”

2 Likes

Even the original headline is loaded with a (false narrative) agenda, which is why I didn’t use it.

3 Likes

Yeah, that wasn’t directed at you.

It’s an example of accountability journalism. The Guardian is a big practitioner.

I like QT’s answer (Robbie’s, too). Succinct.

She’s some journalist, he’s just made this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELeMaP8EPAA

Can’t wait to see it!

4 Likes

Mads Mikkleson had the best response.
In response to a question about gender quotas in films: “If this is about some Swedish feminist thing, then I’m not interested”.

4 Likes

Love Mads. ‘Hannibal’ was one of my favorite shows during its short run.

Recently saw a similar news item about the lack of Asian representation in Hollywood in relation to Crazy Rich Asians. I really don’t understand this numbers game some journalists are playing.

1 Like

I like diversity in cinema. What I don’t like is forced quotas, and journalists dictating what a filmmaker’s vision should look like. It’s so arrogant and disrespectful to the auteur and I can’t see this getting a pass even 10 years ago.

1 Like

Journalists as agents provacteur…They just want the celebs to slip and say…gotcha. Paparazzi with a pen

2 Likes

That, and they also want to siphon some publicity for themselves off the celebs they challenge.

2 Likes

They did it to Liam Neeson . Only honest guy in Hollywood and NOT a creep to boot.

5 Likes

Partly, but I think quite a few journalists believe the crap they come out with now. She viewed the movie with a view.

1 Like

That age group man :grinning:. Big mouths, big opinions…No fucking brains.

2 Likes

QT sometimes comes across as a bit of an asswipe, but it’s mostly that he doesn’t suffer fools gladly. And there are a lot of fools who accost him with stupid comments.

5 Likes

That was his crime. Now they punish you for being TOO honest. They can’t accept people change. They only want to sniff out past misdeeds to condemn you for.

2 Likes

If going to theaters with multiple stopwatches to time the amount of screentime and lines people are allotted by gender, sexuality, ethnicity and religion is wrong then I don’t want to be right. Somebody try to tell me that Creed wouldn’t have been better if he needed to fight the daughter of Ivan Drago or that John Wick wouldn’t be far improved if Leslie Jones replaced Keanu Reeves.

2 Likes

These Marxist influenced people don’t stop and never will. If the current “quotas” are seen as acceptable to them, they will find new ones that aren’t. I t will never end until we are robots under centralized control.
When will it end, when a pygmy in a wheelchair that identifies as a fish plays James Bond? Not a chance.

1 Like

hey you multiple award winning iconic film maker, why didn’t you make this film the way I wanted?

What is she talking about? QT makes some of the strongest and most bad ass female characters in film. He has made entire franchise with female leads. He also has some of the strongest none stereotypical leads and roles for minorities. QT was doing this before these people made it some cool mainstream thing to virtue signal with fake and artificial PC roles. He was making amazing characters and stories for minorities and women before all these people.

Come to think of it. I think all of his female characters kill men. They kill a bunch of men in really violent ways.

1 Like