Question about best way to break contract before it starts?

Thanks. But, sometimes a person can have multiple passports from different countries. How can I express that correctly in English?

They should certainly check that itā€™s legal and that the teacher has been subjected to background checks before leaving their kids with a Jimmy Saville type.

If I was a parent Iā€™d certainly be doing my homework before leaving my kids in the hands of strangers.

I believe the word youā€™re looking for is Jason Bourne

1 Like

Many parents here (dare I say most?) really donā€™t care about the ā€œdetailsā€. All they want is to be able to brag that their child is learning English from a white face. All the legalities are none of their concern. Many do know it is illegal, many do know that white face may not be great at actually teaching English, many do know the detailsā€¦all of that does not matter. Why? because they are getting something from it.

Who didnā€™t mention it? You mean the fast-talking Mr. Su? He most certainly is aware that itā€™s illegal, not least of all because he and I had a lovely face-to-face chat in two languages about it in January.

He. Just. Doesnā€™t. Care. Because he doesnā€™t have to.

He believes (and has seen nothing to disabuse him of this view so far) that his personal relationships in the local area are strong enough to keep his school out of trouble. And he knows that if one foreigner gets nabbed, there are dozens of others getting off the plane suitably ready to believe that a prospective employer is actually telling them the truth.

What are you talking about?

In case you missed post 34, hereā€™s that link again:

Tl/dr: Kornellā€™s laoban has a history.