Question about divorce/cancelled ARC

My Taiwanese wife and I are about to go through a divorce. The divorce will be non-contested. I am wondering what the procedure is about my ARC that I currently have through marriage being cancelled. Do I have 7 days after the divorce to leave the country?
Any help would be appreciated. I am trying to make this painful experience a little less painful.

Within 15 days of the divorce being finalized you must report to the foreign affairs police that the purpose for your ARC is no longer valid. Depending on your situation they will decide on how long you may stay. If you have children then you may have a better case for staying longer. If you qualify for permanent residency, getting that process started first may be the way to go. Otherwise you might want to look for an employer who can apply for a work permit to hire you. At worst though, your ARC will be revoked and you will be required to leave.

I assume you would not be asking these kinds of questions unless you have a strong desire to stay in Taiwan.

In that situation, and to add to jlick’s comments, I always advise people to obtain permanent residency before getting a divorce.

[quote=“Hartzell”]I assume you would not be asking these kinds of questions unless you have a strong desire to stay in Taiwan.

In that situation, and to add to jlick’s comments, I always advise people to obtain permanent residency before getting a divorce.[/quote]

This my situation…
So how do you go about this, and what are qualifications for it?
Whom do I contact about this?

[quote=“Hartzell”]I assume you would not be asking these kinds of questions unless you have a strong desire to stay in Taiwan.

In that situation, and to add to jlick’s comments, I always advise people to obtain permanent residency before getting a divorce.[/quote]
Sorry, but somehow it sounds to me, after getting APRC and then having divorce u don’t have to leave Taiwan? You can stay here with APRC even not married?
In my case I can apply for APRC after staying 5 years in Taiwan and being married since 6 years to a Taiwanese.
My ARC is based on marriage and not working visa.
Until now I thought when having APRC and getting divorced after that, u are still requested to leave Taiwan.

Thanks when someone can enlighten me.

Greetings
Tom