Question about visitation after divorce

Hi. I’m looking for suggestions - legal opinion. I just divorced and the judge is going to decide on visitation. However, the judge has given a temporary verdict giving me two weekends a month.

My ex-wife (Taiwanese) is obviously brain washing my 1st grade daughter. When I go to pick up my daughter she just cries and makes different excuses for not going out with me. We used to be so close and following my ex-wife’s June visit to the States my daughter has come to be scared of me.

I went to her school on Tues. Afterwards the teacher said I could start having lunch with her so that I could spend more time. However, today, after meeting my ex-wife, the teacher said, “I need to consider your daughter’s opinion (something my ex-wife has repeatedly said) and she told me upon coming to school today that she did not want you to come here to eat lunch with her.”

I seem to have a judge that is favorable to me. After the first court appearance she issued what I would consider a very positive judgement - informing my ex-wife to cooperate. However, my ex-wife does not seem to agree with the judge.

My ex-wife has stated that she wishes to “delete” me from their lives and wrote an e-mail saying I’d “lost them forever”. Now what I’m wondering is is there any kind of precedent for asking the judge to grant me the right to care for my daughter myself given her continued actions to brain wash my daughter. Thanks

Interesting reading my post from what seems like a very long time ago. My daughter is now going into 4th grade and I am lucky if I see her once a month. Still, I find it better than never.

I stopped fighting my ex because she was no cooperating (always telling the judge that it was my daughter who didn’t want to see me or go out with me and there was really nothing I could do). So I carefully documented the missed visits and times they came but didn’t agree to go out with me (using certified letters which can be used as proof in court). In the end I just told my ex (in writing) that if my daughter wanted to go out with me they could call and I’d be more than happy to see my daughter.

I still pay child support (legally I have to) and I feel I should anyway (I knew the mess I was getting into when I “shot a wad” inside my ex. But I’m saving time and energy fighting (in courts and emotionally). And that’s probably what is best for everyone involved, right?

I know what it’s like to be divorcing when kids are involved and my heart goes out to all of you. Further, I am sure that some of you, at this point, could not consider walking away from the fight. However, it is an option and it has worked for me.

Your thoughts are welcome.

[quote=“vmcguire”]Interesting reading my post from what seems like a very long time ago. My daughter is now going into 4th grade and I am lucky if I see her once a month. Still, I find it better than never.

I stopped fighting my ex because she was no cooperating (always telling the judge that it was my daughter who didn’t want to see me or go out with me and there was really nothing I could do). So I carefully documented the missed visits and times they came but didn’t agree to go out with me (using certified letters which can be used as proof in court). In the end I just told my ex (in writing) that if my daughter wanted to go out with me they could call and I’d be more than happy to see my daughter.

[color=#FF0000]I still pay child support (legally I have to) and I feel I should anyway (I knew the mess I was getting into when I “shot a wad” inside my ex. But I’m saving time and energy fighting (in courts and emotionally). And that’s probably what is best for everyone involved, right?[/color]

I know what it’s like to be divorcing when kids are involved and my heart goes out to all of you. Further, I am sure that some of you, at this point, could not consider walking away from the fight. However, it is an option and it has worked for me.

Your thoughts are welcome.[/quote]
I’m surprised that in Taiwan you are legally obliged to pay child support, but that for all intents and purposes you are denied access to your child.

Glad it’s getting better, though…

Keep on keeping on, mate.