Question for the restaurant owners

Where do you find your employees? Opening my second restaurant in Linkou in 2 weeks and I am having a hard time finding qualified cooks and chefs. I tried human resource sites like “1111” " 123 yes" but with no great success. Is there a better place our a data bank that I don’t know about?

Thank for your help.

[quote=“iix23”]Where do you find your employees? Opening my second restaurant in Linkou in 2 weeks and I am having a hard time finding qualified cooks and chefs. I tried human resource sites like “1111” " 123 yes" but with no great success. Is there a better place our a data bank that I don’t know about?

Thank for your help.[/quote]
Can’t help you, but I CAN tell you that even in Taipei, that is by far and away the biggest hurdle for owners here. Getting them is in fact the easy part! You then have to train them and you THEN have to keep them and you ALWAYS have to keep re-training them, otherwise things go downhill FAST.
Think about it: I don’t go out very much these days, but I still tend to know the names of the handful of service people I trust with my order in the various eateries I go to. Good staff are THAT scarce here!

[quote=“iix23”]Where do you find your employees? Opening my second restaurant in Linkou in 2 weeks and I am having a hard time finding qualified cooks and chefs. I tried human resource sites like “1111” " 123 yes" but with no great success. Is there a better place our a data bank that I don’t know about?

Thank for your help.[/quote]If you offer higher pay, you will get more response. This is one thing to consider. :2cents:

We have the same problem. Of late it seems to be particularly difficult for us to get wait staff/part time students. Kitchen staff we can find maybe partly because we are at least reasonably well known for our food and they will make an effort to get some experience at such a place.
Other than the web sites past experience tells us that ZiYou ShiBao (Liberty Times) seems to be the most effective of the newspapers, but we are in the South and this is a green leaning newspaper so I am not sure if the same would apply up North.

I’ve seen a lot of ads for retail and service staff recently. Probably have to pay more and offer better conditions is the answer.

Problem solved, thanks for the help.