Question: nice hotel/hostel on a cliff/mountain in Kenting

Guys can you help me out? I remember some of you mentioned a very nice hotel/hostel in Kenting, on some kind of elevation, from where you could see the sea? I think it was foreign owned, but not sure. All I know is that you guys recommended the facilities. Can’t find it here for the life of me. Help? :kissing_heart:

Maybe this one?

Google map link here.

(I eventually found this place by Googling “Maoman Kending bed and breakfast”: I half-remembered Maoman suggesting it. I think search was stymied here because I kept using hotel as a search term.)

6 Likes

Oh, muchas gracias! :notworthy:

Yep, hard to find but that’s the one. Hope they have room now!

1 Like

But you cant go shopping there!!!

But swimming is OK?

When you see a blinding light in the middle of the ocean, know it is not that the beacons of Gondor of are lit, but me!

3 Likes

Being somewhat remote, you could be lucky in that the Covid police dont do spot checks on swimmers wearing masks there.
Enjoy the stay too, weather looks great down that way at present, barring the heat of course.

2 Likes

That area is known as Jialeshuei. Its not really cliffs and just a few steps above the beach.

Nothing much to do around there very quiet and not within walking distance of anything in Kenting. Very very dark after sunset including the scooter ride or car to town which is about 30 minutes+ by vehicle.

It’s a surfing beach not really a swimming beach although people do swim there and you can go into the river area and take a dip also can rent Kayaks. The wind and waves can get rough.

There is great if you just want to like read a book and be away from people. But if you want all the shopping and eating then it’s not the place to stay.

I stayed at this hotel at couple months ago which is very simple but clean and yes the views are beautiful of the water and the cliffs along the coast area. Sitting on the balcony is wonderful or inside the glass if it’s too hot. Can even hear the waves.

Make sure to get a room higher in the building with a clear view.

水瀾漾野Yellow Submarine

2 Likes

This might be the foreign one you’re thinking of and has a rooftop view.

It’s about 10 minutes to the city night market area by vehicle.

La Maison Ocean View B&B

2 Likes

Good, more options, as it is quite crowded these days. Thank you.

1 Like