Question re transfer of student ARC between universities

Hello

Hope this is the right forum to post this in.

The last few weeks I’ve been feeling kind of stuck in a rut and think a change is in order. Change meaning moving. I’m like Cher in Mermaids.

There is one rather large consideration to…consider. I have an ARC through my Chinese university and would like to continue studying Chinese in Taipei. I know you can transfer work ARC’s. Can you transfer a student ARC as well or will I have to go through the process from scratch? Will my school be able to help me with this or is it best if I find out everything I can and then talk to my university?

Thank you

EDIT: I have contacted both my university and the one that I was hoping to transfer to. The answer from mine was that it depended on the uiversity I would be transferring to. The answer from that university was that it depended on the police. Sometimes they allow it and sometimes they don’t. I then asked what procedures I would have to follow to at least try and am still awaiting an answer.

I wonder in your current ARC, does it stated the school you are studying at? If it does, then you need the other university/school which you are tranferring provides you an Enrolment Certificate.

Btw, do you need to do a medical checkup to study in Taiwan?

I didn’t need to undergo the medical check up.

I have been in contact with both schools but they aren’t too optimistic. Same story of sometimes the police allow it and sometimes they don’t. Really frustrating but that’s the way it is.

[quote=“silencepleasei’mworking”]I didn’t need to undergo the medical check up.

I have been in contact with both schools but they aren’t too optimistic. Same story of sometimes the police allow it and sometimes they don’t. Really frustrating but that’s the way it is.[/quote]

Hello,
Are you in Taipei or Taipei County? Some times a good story and a native speaker can help you get what you want. We can provide people with native speakers to “help” in these kinds of situations.