Question regarding JFRVs and working

I’m sure this has been covered hundreds of times already, but my wife is quite worried about the following question and so, anything to satisfy her. So here’s my question:

I have a JFRV and have heard from posts here and from the Banciao police that this allows me to work. Is this correct? Do I need any additional work permits? (Okay, so it’s two questions…)

Also, we’re planning on opening a school in about 2 years and we (read: my wife) was curious (read: worried about) it being legal for me to be one of the owners.

Any info on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

As a JFRV holder, you have the same work rights as a local. No work permit is needed. You could open a betel nut stand if you want. :smiley:

[quote=“rob_the_canuck”]I’m sure this has been covered hundreds of times already, but my wife is quite worried about the following question and so, anything to satisfy her. So here’s my question:

I have a JFRV and have heard from posts here and from the Banqiao police that this allows me to work. Is this correct? Do I need any additional work permits? (Okay, so it’s two questions…)

Also, we’re planning on opening a school in about 2 years and we (read: my wife) was curious (read: worried about) it being legal for me to be one of the owners.

Any info on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance![/quote]

I was a partner of 49% in my own local company even before I had my first ARC. You can be a legal partner no problems.