Question regarding phone sex in Taiwan

If this is inappropriate, mods, please feel free to remove.

I have a question regarding of all things, phone sex in Taiwan. I called a phone sex line last night and connected to an operator easily. The one thing is though, I did not pay for any of the “services.” I called the number, answered a couple of prompts, did my business and hung up. I did not enter a credit card number. Will I somehow be charged for these services (other than regular phone minutes)? Thanks so much for an answer.

[quote=“Pods”]If this is inappropriate, mods, please feel free to remove.

I have a question regarding of all things, phone sex in Taiwan. I called a phone sex line last night and connected to an operator easily. The one thing is though, I did not pay for any of the “services.” I called the number, answered a couple of prompts, did my business and hung up. I did not enter a credit card number. Will I somehow be charged for these services (other than regular phone minutes)? Thanks so much for an answer.[/quote]

Number 1–STOP CALLING PHONE SEX LINES!! I’m channeling your mum, here. Next time you feel the urge to dial that number, just think of your mum!

Number 2–I would immagine that your phone number will be billed. The call billed to your phone number and you’ll have a huge phone bill. Don’t know, really, as I’ve never tried it.

Number 3–See number 1! You should really call your mum more often. She worries about you, she loves you, and she won’t think hateful thoughts about you when you hang up.

Number 4–watch this video!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yGCHPmfqT0

That’s what they’re calling it now.
Just call me, Mr. Businessman.

They just charge it to your phone bill. Irishstu tells me prices aren’t that unreasonable. :wink:

[quote=“Maoman”]They just charge it to your phone bill. Irishstu tells me prices aren’t that unreasonable. :wink:

[/quote]

Not a cat lover… Think I’m going to head to the bathroom and “help myself” a little. If I do it enough, will God kill all the cats outside my window that make such a ruckus at night?

Landline or cellphone? If its your cellphone you’ll get whacked when your next bill comes. And its printed in huge red letters on the outside of the envelope. In Chinese it will say: “Dirty bugger spent NT$xxxxx on a wank line! And he’s YOUR neighbour!”

Eeewwwww. Now that’s gross. Now how can I get that image out of my head?

do phone bills in taiwan say WHAT you called, just the number you called, or nothing at all? I’m sorry to seem so paranoid, but I just don’t want people to know. This is embarrassing, yes, and I appreciate your frank responses.

also, will it make a difference if it was a cell phone?

Cellphone calls cost more than landlines. The postman will play a tumpet loudly and off-key when he delivers the bill. They only do that for dirty phone calls, so everyone will know. And he won’t stop playing until you do a little dance to his music.

Eeewwwww. Now that’s gross. Now how can I get that image out of my head?[/quote]

Sorry, the immage was ment as therapy for the OP. Perhaps you can get rid of that immage by thinking instead of your gran’mum.

I once had a local girl randomly call my old apartment (Lotus Hill).
My room mate had answered a couple of times and told me she was into phone sex and annoying. He told her to stop calling.
One day I picked the phone up one day and it was her. She spoke good English.
I was about to tell her to sod off, when I thought, I’ve never done this before. Let’s give it a whirl.
She proceeded to ask me questions that would get her aroused and I was going with the flow. After about 15 minutes she reached her climax and I faked mine. I thought it was hilarious.
She asked for my cell/mobile. I refused and said she could have my email. I suggested we could maybe meet sometime, but she said she had a boyfriend.
Anyway, I never heard from her again.

My guess is she does it a lot.