Queue Jumpin'

[quote=“914”]I think many people here just try to get away with as much as they can, even if it’s a little thing. It seems to be the mentality here, to find any loophole, shortcut. But mind you, I find non-Taiwanese people who live here after a while start to think like this too.

Twice I’ve had someone butt in front of me here and both times I tell them to move behind me. They say, “bu hao yi ss” and get behind me. I think they just try to get away with what they can but when you call them on it they feel ashamed. I don’t know how to put it in words, but the only thing you can do is to be vocal and not let yourself be pushed around.[/quote]

I think you nailed it on the head.

Hehe, it’s funny reading this thread because I think things are worse here on the mainland.

The thing I’m disappointed at is why other people tolerate it. At the local airport in Shanghai (Hongqiao) there’s always a huge line for the taxi and the temptation to cut is great. I’ve stopped 2-3 people from cutting in the past, but they were never directly in front of me. I haven’t seen anybody else (maybe 100 other people) say anything.

The good news is that the line cutters have always been shamed (some use the “I didn’t know there was a line!” excused).