QUICK! I need translation suggestions

Toot sweet!

Think of a book, the title of which can be literally translated as “15 Minor Planets.”
Its a fairly artsy-fartsy literature-type travelogue. The 15 minor planets refer to 15 specific people the writer encountered on his travels who impacted him in some way.
The concept is that all these folk, and the writer himself, are all in their own little orbits and sometimes these orbits intersect for a brief period.
I was stupid enough to say that the literal translation is a shite title, so now I have to come up with something – anything! – better. Within the next hour. And I have a total thought-block.

Please help!

Uhhh…

Gravity & Levity: Lessons from Out there
There Is No Gravity, These Lives Just Suck
Spinning Wor(l)ds
Buy My Astronomically Dull Book

:laughing:

Fifteen inferior orbs, fifteen small balls, fifteen momentary encounters, fifteen minor impacts… the original title doesn’t exactly lend itself to inspirational modification.

It IS a shite title. It is a shite concept. Orbits don’t interesct, they spin around a larger planet. Throw the whole metaphor out and call it, I dunno, “Crap What Happened on My Way to Illinois” or wherever he is going. Or maybe “Interesctions” (shi2zi4 lu4kou3). “Things to Do While Dead at the Intersection.” “Pass the Hammer,” etc…

Sorry that’s the best I could do on such short notice.

Spinning Worlds
15 Momentary Encounters
Intersections

These I quite like. I’d personally favour the first or last ones, but I have a feeling they’ll be more likely to go with the middle one.
Anyway, thanks.
Teach me to keep my bloody mouth firmly shut!

“The Little Prince”

I think that one’s been done. :laughing:

Worlds Apart: Orbits and Pieces (Damn. I’m in awe of my own brilliance sometimes)

Worlds Together, Worlds Apart.
That’s Chinglishy enough that dammit, Jeeves, it might just work!

Instead of fifteen minor planets

Fifteen Comets.

十五彗星

Historically their appearance were taken as omens of
upcoming upheavals.

It evokes feelings of fleeting encounters of significant import.

I think that one’s been done. :laughing:[/quote]

Your description reminded me of that one. Sorry.

Fifteen Balls Banging Into Each Other And Then Bouncing Off Again.

I think that one’s been done. :laughing:[/quote]

Your description reminded me of that one. Sorry.

Fifteen Balls Banging Into Each Other And Then Bouncing Off Again.[/quote]
Sounds too much like one of Jimi Presley’s videos.

If the orbits intersect, then maybe

Fifteen Deep Impact Craters,
or Why the Dinosaurs Went Extinct.

Tell that to the dinosaurs!