Quick question re: Return Tickets to Canada

I had purchased a return ticket when I left canada. I most likely wont be able to go back to Canada for the summer. Is it possible to transfer the return ticket to someone else before it expires? Also is it possible to buy a one way ticket from Taipei to Canada when I do decide to go home for good? As I had heard that you cannot buy one way tickets from here to Canada (whoich I find weird). Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Matt

you should be able to buy one-way from here to home - it’s most often when you come here that you need an on-going ticket.

[quote=“mattandmichi”]I had purchased a return ticket when I left canada. I most likely wont be able to go back to Canada for the summer. Is it possible to transfer the return ticket to someone else before it expires? Also is it possible to buy a one way ticket from Taipei to Canada when I do decide to go home for good? As I had heard that you cannot buy one way tickets from here to Canada (whoich I find weird). Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Matt[/quote]

Call the airline and see what your options are. Sometimes they will offer a refund. Other times, they will allow you to cancel your scheduled departure and reschedule for a time up to a year from your purchase date.