Quick Translation needed

I’m doing some voluntary translation work for the community in which I live and I’m having a brain fart this morning and need some quick help.
How could I best translate 工志團 in to English in the context of a community group?

Help appreciated

Volunteer group?

I don’t think so…im thinking along the lines of the groundskeeping staff. all I have to do is ask a neighbour or call someone, but that would at least involve being uprooted from this chair/komode.

Community volunteer cleanup crew?

I followed my instincts and stuck with volunteer group, it doesnt matter that much anyway, people will be more puzzled by the contents of the notice. These notices get spread around the community for all to see and the volounteer group wishes to educate the local dog owners on how they can eliminate the unpleasant smell left by dog piss - using water.

Ah! So clearly the correct translation would be “Urine Education Task Force”. :smiley:

The remainder of posts, beginning with “prettycake”'s contribution, have been Floundered.

Prettycake did make the useful observation that the characters seem to have been reversed in southpaw’s original Chinese – i.e., it should be 志工 instead of 工志. The remainder of his/her contribution was not related to this thread’s content.

However, for the intellectually curious, the Chinese for the English word “coprophilia”, a sexually-linked fascination with excrement, which was brought up by prettycake in support of some point or other, is 粪便嗜好症.

Love and kisses,
The Moderator

it was a typo in their document that resulted in the back to front thing…i sent it back with the tranlsation and i pointed out their typo too.

You’ve piqued my curiosity so much that I just have to go take a look in the Flounder Forum now.

Oh, and I prefer the use of “squad” to “group” or “crew” in this context.

To sum up useful contributions in the last few hours (posts having been floundered due to inadmissible content):

prettycake pointed out that the first character in the Chinese expression above is wrong. Actually it’s copied from Google, so go talk to those guys, but thanks for the heads-up. Guess I’m not familiar enough with the specific field of investigation, although you certainly caught that one pretty quickly, pc…??? :noway:

The rest is resting in peace in the Flounder Forum, where interested parties or those with too darn much free time may visit it.

Love and kisses,
The Mod

[quote=“ironlady”]
prettycake pointed out that the first character in the Chinese expression above is wrong. Actually it’s copied from Google, so go talk to those guys, but thanks for the heads-up. Guess I’m not familiar enough with the specific field of investigation, although you certainly caught that one pretty quickly, pc…??? :noway:

The Mod[/quote]

What the hell do you mean it’s copied from Google, ironlady?! I know you’re only trying to save your own face here but c’mon you could’ve come up with something better then that.

Jeez…

Cut and paste your English word into Google and press submit, and see what you get. Do you think I look things up in paper dictionaries unless it’s a last resort?? :astonished: I’m WAAAAYYY too lazy for that!

http://www.powerdict.com/64C55-2.htm Take it up with the folks at PowerDict. I suppose Google isn’t really responsible… :smiley:

No, I don’t do that.

As it was clearly just a simple misunderstanding on your part, prettycakes, a simple apology will do just fine.

Whatever. You’re crazy.

Hmm, the truth hurts, eh?

I suggest that if no one has anything else constructive to suggest to Southpaw, this thread has pretty much run its useful life.