Quote Function not Functioning

Stopped working yesterday or the day before I think. Highlighting text and hitting quote does nothing.

2 Likes

It works for me. Have you updated your browser lately?

Seconded, (MacOS, safari)

Try reloading the page? Try another browser if that doesn’t work.

Which OS?

For what it’s worth, on my iPhone I’ve noticed this has been a little janky lately. I need to press in exactly the right spot for the quote to work. It works eventually, but it may take five or six efforts (and I haven’t figured out the pattern for what the “right spot” is), and I’ll sometimes give up on it.

Do you use safari?

Yes, I’ve noticed this issue with Safari on the iPhone. I don’t recall having issues on the iPad (which is what I’m using right now).

Have you tried another browser like firefox?

Nope. For me the quoting issue has merely been a few “Huh, that’s weird” moments over the past week and not something that’s concerned me. I’m not sure if that’s what @DonR is also experiencing.

I would try and see. Switch back and forth to see where the problems lie. Then @tempogain could possibly send this issue to the devs of Discourse.

Safari on iPad.

It’s working now.

Not sure what was going on.

1 Like

I’ve also had this issue. For weeks on and off now.

It’s not working on my phone, but is on my computer. I don’t find it an issue, though, as I consider it a learning opportunity for some posters to experience not being quoted.

1 Like

It’s mostly used obnoxiously, so it can keep not functioning, if it is indeed as you suggest.