Quote of the day

Sure wish this thread was just quotes…I meant like intelligent, pithy quotes. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

@discobot quote

for the milker something pithier

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

looks like you’re SOL :man_shrugging:t3:

@discobot quote

:left_speech_bubble: No garden is without its weeds. — Thomas Fuller

4 Likes

Well, Thanks, Discobot: you’ve just described Forumosa perfectly.

3 Likes

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

thanks @discobot you’re the coolest

1 Like

Glad to pith on the Milker

I like pigs. Dogs look up to us, cats look down on us, but pigs treat us as equals-
Winston Churchill

6 Likes

I’m not sure this is 100% true though. Pigs treat us as prey, given the chance.

1 Like

What’s unequal about that?

1 Like

You’re right. People eat pigs, pigs eat people. Equality!

1 Like

Good day for this one, though it’s always a good day for this one. :brain:

2 Likes

Cross-post. :slightly_smiling_face:

Also…

1 Like

Thomas Reed, Speaker of the House in the late 1890s, when asked by a reporter what the greatest problem facing the American people was: “How to dodge a bicycle.”

"A clock, however complex it may be, and however inevitable it may be, is still a construction of human ingenuity; and what man has done man can undo.”

–G.K. Chesterton

2 Likes

On (possibly) a similar theme:

There exists in such a case a certain institution or law; let us say, for the sake of simplicity, a fence or gate erected across a road. The more modern type of reformer goes gaily up to it and says, “I don’t see the use of this; let us clear it away.” To which the more intelligent type of reformer will do well to answer: “If you don’t see the use of it, I certainly won’t let you clear it away. Go away and think. Then, when you can come back and tell me that you do see the use of it, I may allow you to destroy it.”

4 Likes