Quote of the day

Is ‘I’ not an author?

Oh! I didn’t realize you were self-quoting.
My apologies!

Can it not be done?

“If there’s anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.”

• Zaphod Beeblebrox
3 Likes

Who the hell is that?

Of course it can!
I just didn’t expected it, hence the apologies :wink:

He is from a planet in the vicinity of Betelgeuse, and is a “semi-half-cousin” of Ford Prefect, with whom he “shares three of the same mothers”. Because of “an accident with a contraceptive and a time machine”, his direct ancestors from his father are also his direct descendants (see Zaphod Beeblebrox the Fourth).
Zaphod invented the Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster. He was voted “Worst Dressed Sentient Being in the Known Universe” seven consecutive times. He’s been described as “the best Bang since the Big One” by Eccentrica Gallumbits, and as “one hoopy frood” by others. In the [seventh episode](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hitchhiker’s_Guide_to_the_Galaxy_Primary_and_Sec
He was briefly the President of the Galaxy (a role that involves no power whatsoever, and merely requires the incumbent to attract attention so no one wonders who’s really in charge, a role for which Zaphod was perfectly suited). He is the only man to have survived the Total Perspective Vortex, though it was established (in the books and first two radio series) that he survived only because he was in an Electronically Synthesised Universe created especially for him, thus making him the most important being in that universe and thus uniquely equipped to survive its version of the Vortex

3 Likes

@discobot fortune

:crystal_ball: Yes

You heard the God-Emperor – yes, it cannot be done! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

@discobot quote

1 Like

:left_speech_bubble: If we learn to open our hearts, anyone, including the people who drive us crazy, can be our teacher. — Pema Chodron

– I

“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.”

–Charles Bukowski

2 Likes

“Microeconomics concerns things that economists are specifically wrong about, while macroeconomics concerns things economists are wrong about generally.”

–P.J. O’Rourke

3 Likes

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

–Miles Kington

4 Likes

He’s never been to Taiwan- how about when it’s served on a stick with raisins and heavily sugared? Or is that the point about wisdom?

1 Like

Clearly, Taiwanese wisdom is yet to be perfected.

1 Like

Yes.

“No one will really understand politics until they understand that politicians are not trying to solve our problems. They are trying to solve their own problems—of which getting elected and re-elected are number one and number two. Whatever is number three is far behind.”

–Tomas Sowell

5 Likes

“By externalizing and projecting evil into unjust social structures and prophesying a paradise-like utopia via apocalyptic revolution, Marxism evades the central issue that both religion and great art boldly confront: evil is rooted in the human heart.”

–Camille Paglia

3 Likes