Racial Tensions in US 2020

Right, then you got to prove it’s the guy’s drugs.

There’s such an importance on locking people up for drugs in the current war on drugs. It removes many non violent and non brash options.

Stop trying to control personal consumption would go a long way to solve these issues. All that money channeled to psychiatric and medical care and training would do more good in the long run.

But these guys are trained to think rationally in stressful situations.

I’m not so sure. I don’t think their training is all that intense.

I attended police training as part of my earthquake response training and my biggest takeaway was

1. The bartender license is harder to get than a police badge

2. Cops are quite literally the dumbest people on the face of the earth

Anyway, what’s the rational response to someone shooting at you? Shooting back until you’re sure they’re not going to anymore sounds pretty rational to me.

2 Likes

We’ve been through this. Squeeze until you hear a click in close quarters.

It almost seems like if they hadn’t knocked everyone would have been surprised and they wouldn’t have time to get their guns nd start shooting. I’ll call it a botched raid.

Donating to Marxists…

3 Likes

Probably a good one to file here:

Channel 4 News has exclusively obtained a vast cache of data used by Donald Trump’s 2016 presidential campaign on almost 200 million American voters.

It reveals that 3.5 million Black Americans were categorised by Donald Trump’s campaign as ‘Deterrence’ – voters they wanted to stay home on election day.

In 16 key battleground states, millions of Americans were separated by an algorithm into one of eight categories, also described as ‘audiences’, so they could then be targeted with tailored ads on Facebook and other platforms.

One of the categories was named ‘Deterrence’, which was later described publicly by Trump’s chief data scientist as containing people that the campaign “hope don’t show up to vote”.

Analysis by Channel 4 News shows Black Americans – historically a community targeted with voter suppression tactics – were disproportionately marked ‘Deterrence’ by the 2016 campaign.

In total, 3.5 million Black Americans were marked ‘Deterrence’.

In Georgia, despite Black people constituting 32% of the population, they made up 61% of the ‘Deterrence’ category. In North Carolina, Black people are 22% of the population but were 46% of ‘Deterrence’. In Wisconsin, Black people constitute just 5.4% of the population but made up 17% of ‘Deterrence’.

1 Like

Good talk, James Lindsay is one of the guys involved in the infamous fake woke article project. He has a book coming out

@Andrew0409 you asked at one point what might make me vote for Trump; I wouldn’t go that far, but I loved that he put out the executive order on this, and pretty disgusted with Biden/Harris’s at best utterly clueless framing of it recently.

3 Likes

There’s still time. :whistle:

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

How can a prosecution possibly be secured on that? You can have a gun but can’t carry one in your own garden?

Keep in mind the old saying in America, “a grand jury will indict a ham sandwich.”

The idea seems to be to guarantee punishment for their daring to defend themselves from potential violence by bleeding the couple of financial resources. Fairly common in jurisdictions governed by Democrats.

1 Like

It will go nowhere. They were on private property in a state with the castle doctrine. The protestors were trespassing. It’s shameful that any CA would attempt to press charges. Did she charge all the protestors with destruction of property and criminal trespassing? That’s what should have happened.

1 Like